Pc Lock up's

So I've finished the two starter campaigns.. they are great fun.. but both have locked up my pc at random times. Occasionly during a battle, other times at the space map...Ive also played a few multipler games..and they have crashed for me too. I was winning, near the ned of the match the the entiure game frezzes.. and it locked me out of my system so I can't even tab out or get into task manager..I have to hard reset.

These are the only issues I've really experinced so far, but it's happened aboutr 6 times now. I dont think ill play agasin till this is resolved as I dont want to keep hard rebooting.. hope this gets fixed soon.

Hi @Valbarca
Sorry to hear about this. Could you please elaborate a little on what is happening? Is the game freezing, or is it crashing entirely? Were all the crashes the same or did it freeze one time and crash another time? Lastly: are you getting any error message?

Any additional information would help us out a lot in finding a solution as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Yeah i've had this issue too. I essentially can't close the game or reach task manager, If I open up all the tabs I can still see things happening with other programs in the back ground but can't access them through the locked bfg game.

I have a similar situation. In multiplayer when i try to log in fleet setup menu game sometimes freezes. Alt+tab and clt+alt+del does not work. Only available option is hard reset. In beta 2 loading save sometimes does the same = freez, hard reset.

I experienced a similar issue.

Battle Fleet Gothic 2 freezes from time to time.

I can't close the game anymore. I can't access Task Manager either.

Sometimes when I try to reboot the computer after the game stopped working, I get the error message "Game security violation detected #0000001".

Maybe these issues are related to the Easy Anti Cheat software? Is it possible that this software freezes the whole game, during multiplayer army selection or even in singleplayer?

@Valbarca @BrohanBroski @TAKT @Soothsayer could you give me your RAM specs? I've noticed something similar after the game for some reason produced a massive RAM usage spike. I am running only 8GB of RAM and the game locked up when hitting 4GB usage (as the 4 other GB were already in use by other software). Luckily I am also running a second monitor where the mouse still worked, so i was able to close the game via task manager.

@Hjalfnar_HGV Thanks for your reply. I have 16 GB of RAM.

My mouse is still working when the game freezes. I just can't close the game or open any other programs anymore.

I'm able to restart the computer though. When I restart I get the error message "Game security violation detected #0000001".

last edited by Soothsayer

Interesting...@TAKT with you it could be the same problem I had, for the others this sounds rather unlikely. Might be the anti cheat software is causing trouble, wouldn't be the first time. @Jellyfoosh any idea if this could be the case? Didn't notice any aggressive anti pirate software, those sometimes cause the same problems.

This game seems incredibly poorly optimised.

I far exceed the recommended systems specs, and when I click auto detect in graphics, the game sets everythign at epic, but its subject to weird pauses and lock ups.

For instance, if I try to create a SM custom fleet, it usually crashes....every other faction is fine....only SM.....

Someone was so kind to write this small guide. The following steps actually fixed most of the freezes for me:

For those, who suffer from 'Memory Leak* crash / freezing and issues with Easy Anti Cheat. (When surfing around Fleet menu & stuff)

-Make your game borderless
-Give Admin permission for BFGA2
-Permission for Easy Anti Cheat (what ever firewall / anti virus you are using)

Control panel
Network and security
Windows firewall defender
Advanced settings
Outbound rules
Add new rule
Program
Navigate to Easy Anti Cheat exe in BFGA2 folder
Select allow everything

-Go to Windows Services and make Easy Anti Cheat Automatic (from manual)
-Open Easy Anti Cheat and click Repair for BFGA2

Sorry to those experiencing this! We're aware of the issue with anti-cheat causing freezes and crashes and are investigating it.

@jellyfoosh said in Pc Lock up's:

Sorry to those experiencing this! We're aware of the issue with anti-cheat causing freezes and crashes and are investigating it.

...One more reason to turf the damn thing.

@romeo 1-st game was okay. This one is not ready. I really dont want to refund it, but like I said in my latest post, I'd rather wait for 3 more month and test some more betas to help improve it, then get unfinished game like this.

@endor said in Pc Lock up's:

@romeo 1-st game was okay. This one is not ready. I really dont want to refund it, but like I said in my latest post, I'd rather wait for 3 more month and test some more betas to help improve it, then get unfinished game like this.

Agreed. The game is certainly not worthy of full release status at this point, and I'm not paying for what I've seen.

Only had a single lock up problem in the first days in beta 2 but last two days I had several times the same problem. Whole GPU goes down...my screen is on "DVI no signal", several devices are disconnected (multiple windows sound for plugging in- or out). This is horrible.

This not only is game breaking but pc breaking as I have to do a full power off/on to restore my system..and I'm not even talking about the game time in my campaign I lost because of that.

Happens to me too. I can't load a save from the campaign. If I do my PC freezes and I can't even tab out or access the task manager.

Sadly I have had a few lock ups myself. I managed to get past it by non orthodox means i.e. rebooting my pc and/or verifying file integrity through steam.

If you're in borderless windows the crash no longer locks your pc.