Delay release, game is not ready

Too many UI bugs, gameplay bugs, balance issues, optimization issues etc. I would delay release by a few month and polish/ fix it first. This 2010+ trend of releasing unfinished games needs to stop.

Also the zoom out distance is from a 1990 game not 2020 game...

Edit1: added coma as per request
Edit2: removed tag, finally read rules...

last edited by DrunkBaconGod

can you rewrite your title so it shows "Delay release, game is not ready"
comma is your best friend

Done, I hope this makes you happy 🙂

It would be nice to go through multiple iterations of beta, take feedback into account and work on multiple patches to fix the bugs and issues in order to release a better game. Open up a second region in the campaigns to show a bit more meat of it, the first sector is too tutorial-ly to really show much.

It would be great if the Devs wouldn't wait till release, and after release to patch some of these things. I'm still getting bugs where weapons don't show up 😕

I'm not sure what the point is of a beta less than two weeks before the game itself launches, I don't know how that would be enough time to fix anything major that rears it's head. For me, it's the fact that trying to load saved campaigns causes my computer to freeze.

They should just leave it beta for another few months, and keep updating the Beta version with fixes/ polish. Like Zucadragon said.

I disagree with delaying the game; so far I find the game fun to play although I stumbled over my fair share of bugs... I bought this gamer half a year ago an I for my part am eager to play next week. I dont mind that some things still have to get patched but in my opinion, this game is playable. Agreed, I am no pro player, I dont need special challenges, hardcore modes etc., I just want to relax after a long day at work with a nice and smooth gameplay experience. Thats what I seem to get so far, thus: no, please don`t delay this game any more, just keep up the good work on polishing it as best as possible. My humble opinion.

@Scneider11: Most of the players are not like you or me. They playing over the game once, and judge them as they get.
Currently the game definitely needed more polishing before the release.

You can patching the game after the release, but then the harm are done and many negative review had written about the game.

@schneider11 said in [Feedback] Delay release, game is not ready:

I disagree with delaying the game; so far I find the game fun to play although I stumbled over my fair share of bugs... I bought this gamer half a year ago an I for my part am eager to play next week. I dont mind that some things still have to get patched but in my opinion, this game is playable. Agreed, I am no pro player, I dont need special challenges, hardcore modes etc., I just want to relax after a long day at work with a nice and smooth gameplay experience. Thats what I seem to get so far, thus: no, please don`t delay this game any more, just keep up the good work on polishing it as best as possible. My humble opinion.

My biggest fear is once this is released and it gets HAMMERED on review sites, it'll never recover from it and the player base will die a death because of it.

I'm not gonna lie the first 10 hours I played I absolutely loved, I even put a review on reddit saying the same, unfortunately the more you play the more you start to see how bare bones certain things are, how badly some of the factions are balanced and how dumb as rocks the A.I is.

At least if they leave it in an open beta of sorts, they can continue to take some feedback as they add things and attempt to balance before they fully open the flood gates to critical review, there are so many people that want to see this become the game it 100% has the groundwork to become before it shoots itself in the foot with a 300 person player base 2 weeks after release.

Not to mention just how many people will be on the fence waiting on said reviews because of the poor way game 1 was handled.

last edited by Bould

@bould well said. Game has great potential, but for some reason all 40k games tend to miss the spot due to small things...

@arabyelephant15 these betas are a reaction to pushing back the original release date, they were never intended to be a great information source rather a bone they through out to the upset people that preordered the game expecting it to come out 3 months ago.

leaving the game in an early access state and delaying full release may cause some backlash but it probably is the way to go from here... if they used the time to properly reintroduce the scrim system from the last game, tossed up a few more modes to break the monotony of the campaign, and explored other options to make the MP not have to singularly play take and hold the could very well have a winner on their hands but as i see it now reviews are going to be brutal, and waiting till after launch to give the very basic concessions they agreed to after they got inundated with feedback will no doubt impact their sales and thus the viability of the games future.

I really hope there will be big multiplayer patch which will make race traits work. For ex. necron's Tessaract Crypt does not work, while it should give stance even tho deck is destroyed

@imptastic I rather they follow the blizzard of old (not current one), and delay the game as long as necessary until it's great and ready. Making a game to be played for years... Rather than some quick to release broken game that lasts a few weeks.

@drunkbacongod is that not what i advocated for? leaving it in early access gives them a pool of information that they seem to have been lacking as all the evident problems this beta has found thus far. as a group of 24 i think they dont really have the eyes to sniff out all this stuff im relatively sure that is y it is in the state its in now.

they should definitely leave the game in beta as of now, too many crashes and bugs in order to become fully playable...