Delay the Release?

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but it doesn't seem like the game is anywhere close to release-state next week. Even in the catered, small piece that has been shown, there's a LOT of problems that need to be corrected prior to release:

• There's many, many unlinked/missing/broken XMLs. This is fine in a rough Beta, but is unacceptable at release.
  • There's still a lot of optimization work that needs to happen. Many users are complaining of lock-ups, and noticeable hangups - if not outright crashes - are not uncommon.
  • There's several fixes that you're hoping to have out at release. Probably not a good idea to release what many consider to be fundamental options after the game is already out and reviewed.
  • There's a bunch of grammar issues and typos. As I said in my campaign thoughts thread, right off the bat, every sector has sector listed twice (Cadia Sector sector), and there's a bunch of errors in the planetary description along those same lines.

The game just doesn't look like a game that is five days from release. I know you've already delayed once, but I'd argue a second one is the superior option to launching in this state.

What this beta is a early build of the game maybe a few months ago build so it is unbalanced and code errors think floor model demo vs ready to pick up model

@leoki212 said in Delay the Release?:

What this beta is a early build of the game maybe a few months ago build so it is unbalanced and code errors think floor model demo vs ready to pick up model

If the Betas had been "pre-made" months ago, we wouldn't have seen the balance changes between the first and second Beta. While I've no doubt some aspects are "further polished" than we've seen, the fact there's still missing XMLs in the second Beta tells me they're unaware of them, not that they chose not to polish them. And we know for certain that the optimization issues haven't been corrected yet, because they're still trying to pinpoint what's causing it as of earlier today.

this beta is a beta that shoud be done at least a month out from launch. That is a beta where a large group of people poor over your product. I have a feeling a lot of these minor problems they are having are due in part to their game not being subjected to the eyes of a couple of thousand people, considering they are a studio of i think 24 people they dont have enough hours in the day to analyze what we have in the past 2 days.