Balance and features: campaign

There is no explanation for a lot of the tutorial slides. They just say "click on this to do that" but you have to search for each thing until you find it. Have a tooltip or a highlight to guide the player to what the hint is talking about.

Ships upkeep cost is unclear. Due to my finance breakdown, I understand my ships/fleets have an upkeep, but I could never figure out where it tells you about this.

The prologue should be able to be skipped. In my case it's because it crashed at the very end of my first play through, and I had to do it all over again, which was a big waste of time.

When assaults happen, there should be a notification. Otherwise I have to go through and scan all my worlds each turn to make sure I'm not missing something.

Counter-point to my last post: I think seeing that an assault is happening before it happens is just way too easy and not realistic, which brings me to my next comment:

The campaign was VERY easy. In the live stream release, you recommended playing on normal, which I did, but it was such a cakewalk (and I'm not that good of a player). To be fair, I have not yet tried harder difficulties, but I thought it was odd that it starts out so staggeringly easy.

Thanks for hearing our feedback, and I absolutely LOVE the game so far!!

@astur117 said in Balance and features: campaign:

Ships upkeep cost is unclear. Due to my finance breakdown, I understand my ships/fleets have an upkeep, but I could never figure out where it tells you about this.

I agree on this. The ship upkeepp is not shown anywhere, the only way to figure it out is by disbanding the ship and look at the income difference.

@astur117 said in Balance and features: campaign:

Upvote for this. Tha campaign finance section is shaky at best. 😞

The campaign was VERY easy. In the live stream release, you recommended playing on normal, which I did, but it was such a cakewalk (and I'm not that good of a player). To be fair, I have not yet tried harder difficulties, but I thought it was odd that it starts out so staggeringly easy.

I think the campaign is easy at normal difficulty, yet, you have two harder option. So there is no problem here: if you feeling too easy the game, start the game harder after the final release happened.