beta progression

does anybody know will we keep our multiplayer progress from the beta when the game goes live

@brohanbroski said in beta progression:

no it will be reset

Angry reacts only
Honestly, grinding those damn skills again is gonna be annoying as hell

@furmano said in beta progression:

no it will be reset

Angry reacts only

That's why we need an option "Advanced Player - please let me use all teh skillz".

@bosie said in beta progression:

@furmano said in beta progression:

no it will be reset

Angry reacts only

That's why we need an option "Advanced Player - please let me use all teh skillz".

I guess the point is to make the game longer by extending it with grind so that player can go "huh, I guess later upgrades are better, I'm gonna try and power through the low levels" - this way a discouraged player may, theoretically, stay longer and maybe learn the ropes, perhaps getting to like the gameplay in the end.
The problem is, grinding upgrades three times all over again is kind of tiring. Not to mention some people may be discouraged by the long grind. I would say make it quicker, perhaps half a level per match.

Grinding upgrades is detrimental for the gameplay and for inexperienced beginners.

Why do you unlock powerful upgrades such as armour-piercing macros, Dark Matter Cannons or Wind of Change through grinding?

This way the more experienced player, who has played more battles, gets a signifcant advantage compared to a new player.

Simply because the guy who has played for a longer time also gets all these powerful upgrades.

last edited by Soothsayer

Yeah you can't have things locked and also have a ranked leaderboard.

i would let scrim and a general pvp mode let you level up and have ranked be a default level 10 account.

@soothsayer I completely agree with you. Unfortunately some people at Tindalos really do not. Here's a reference from the first game's forum (warning: depressing to read):

http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?p=62995#p62995

@whitehawke maybe ill quote that in my steam review. perhaps right next to this customer bashing response "“I feel under pressure from the urgency gauge”.

Fair enough, we don’t want anyone to feel anxious surrounding their solo game experience of the grim dark future. We will be adding an option at the start of the campaign that will disable the urgency gauge. For clarity, we would advise against disabling this feature, as we think it provides incentive and pressure for pushing forward as well as offering a good representation of the critical situation in the Cadian Gate, and being part of our difficulty balancing. However, we’d rather it was your choice.
last edited by imptastic

Wow. I'm...wow. Very happy they're not getting rid of the urgency gauge. I really love the urgency gauge. It's a rare wargame that makes you feel any sense of urgency at all and they built a mechanic for it.

@feld the urgency gauge is not bad but it should have been handled way differently by them...

1. it shouldnt be game over it should be game ridiculous mode, massive invasion fleets start pouring in the enemies get super aggressive, yatta yatta.
  2. there should have been an "easy mode" that was basically just normal mode without the gauge active
  3. It shouldnt be some abstract idea in the bottom corner it should be glaring.
  4. having its conclusion just simply having a the end mechanic is just plain lazy.

but in no realm is bagging on the customer base for not liking something in your game "acceptable" behavior i dont care how big your ego is.

If progression/Skill locks MAKE sense for something then I'm usually ok with it. For instance, if a game is easing you into mechanics it might make sense that they unlock after certain milestones or accomplishments or whatever have you.

However, in this particular title, the Progression gate just feels forced on you. It doesn't feel like it has a purpose. So far I've unlocked skills I normally wouldn;t use, but they might be interesting to try in some crazy builds. Why would that be locked behind some arbitrary level cap. Further to that, Each faction has it's own level progression, So not only am i iritated that I have to grind out a faction, but now i've gotta do it 12 times. I don't even grind my coffee that much.

I want to enjoy the title, but the more I look the more flaws I see.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.