What can be done to get more players?

Here's a good idea to get more players, this one worked for me, buy your friends copies of the game

@d1rge Now you are saying other peoples ideas aren't legit. At least you are being honest now.

Now, to address your other ramblings. Every intelligent person on this forum knows exactly why I chose to use a "magic sniper bomb" to humourosly make my point.

last edited by MLB7

Others have had legit ideas though

I never said they didn't, you are free to go back and read, only magic bombs are not

In fact if you had been paying attention, my whole stance on this was about not disregarding any ideas, until you brought up magic sniper bombs

@d1rge said in What can be done to get more players?:

In fact if you had been paying attention, my whole stance on this was about not disregarding any ideas, until you brought up magic sniper bombs

So, again, if you are the one disregarding an idea It's okay. Someone else may think a battle royale feature is a completely ridiculous idea. How about showing them the same courtesy?

Only thing I've disregarded is magic sniper bombs, other than that I've shown everyone the same courtesy, maybe you should try it

last edited by d1rge

Like I said this is a thread for ideas, i gave one, instead of bashing ideas come up with new ideas and stop trying to put the ideas of others down

K.

But when you talk about magic sniper bombs in a game aiming at realism yeah I'm gonna laugh

But when you talk about magic sniper bombs in a game aiming at realism yeah I'm gonna laugh

I suppose a bunch of people parachuting into an area unarmed and then suddenly finding all kinds of great military gear and fighting to the death is ultra realistic.

Never claimed it was, i would assume nwi would put a realistic spin on it don't ya think? Either way it's still more realistic than magic sniper bombs lol

@d1rge you do realize the "sniper bomb" was a comment made as an example to explain how someone could have a problem with another person's suggestion?

Every time you mention the magic sniper bombs being stupid you drive my point home.

No it just makes you look like an imbecile

No it just makes you look like an imbecile

Cute, name calling. Everyone knows what that means.

Could mean exactly what it says, and secondly if you understand English i did not say you are an imbecile, but what you are saying certainly makes you look like one

Do you comprehend the difference?

i'll go out on a limb here i hope im wrong but how long do you think the support will last? i mean are there any more games nwi are releasing and selling to support them as a whole collective financially? unless there is some kind of expansion or dlc i just cant see it being a long term commitment, it kinda feels like get the car roadworthy instead of show condition

i could be way off here, its just most of whats been churned out over the past few years has made me a bit of a cynic

Well they usually support their stuff a long time, I've played insurgency mod, and standalone now sandstorm, been here since the beginning

last edited by d1rge

@b4ndo

Insurgency2014 released 22th of January 2014, while the last update I have seen was released 4th of May 2018, so approximately 4 years and 3 months later - So if that is a valid comparison, they may continue to update Sandstorm for a long time. And that is if we don't count the total development cycle from when it was a Half-Life 2 mod released all the way back at 23rd of October 2007 - Taking that into account would give the game approximately a whooping 10 years and 5 months of a development cycle after 1st release. To be fair, it is a rather large possibility that they did not work on Insurgency 2014 continuously for all that time, but even more than 4 years of patching is pretty good as far as I understand.

Day of infamy on the other hand, released 23rd of March 2017 - Though first released as a mod for Insurgency around January 2016 (not sure of exact date, but at least not later than January 2016), received it's last update 21st of December 2017, not counting community mod released 31th of July 2018.

Day of Infamy therefore got updates for a much shorter amount of time, just short of 2 years when including the mod as I would believe they used the mod as a base game, but it was a lot easier to develop Day of infamy because of all the shared software/coding with Insurgency 2014, so it would be only natural with a shorter patch cycle - In my experience Day of Infamy does not have many bugs that I have encountered - It is in my opinion a smooth experience.

NWI has only released those two games before Sandstorm, and since Insurgency 2014 was the first game NWI developed for the previous engine used (Source), while Insurgency Sandstorm has been developed on Unreal Engine 4 (which is like almost starting on scratch and therefore comparable to the development cycle of Insurgency 2014), I think we could say it is a fair chance that the crew of NWI will continue to update Insurgency Sandstorm for a long time even from a cynical point of view given their impressive track record!

last edited by Pacalis

@pacalis Also worth noting that support for DOI was stopped so NWI could focus solely on Sandstorm.