The Necron manoeuvrability problem

As already mentiond in other threats the Necrons aren't quite balanced jet and I think that thier main problem is thier lacking manoeuvrability, because they need to stay at medium range to be effective but only have a mediocre base speed and a micro warp jump of max 9000 units every 90 second. Now compare this to the Orks which can boost 6000 units every 50 seconds which means that you just can't outrun them and also have no chance to evade all the torpedos and bombs all the Ork ships spam at you while sourrounding your few ships.
This is why I think that the Necros need a buff in that area. Decreacing the cooldown of thier jump to something like 60 seconds should be resonable, but it would be even better if they would get a combustion gauge system like the other factions which gets depleated depending on how far you jump.

last edited by Madtoffel

I think it would be neat if they could move backwards or strafe left and right to capture the nature of inertialess movement.

They have a very weird way of turning. When you order to change direction, instead of stopping and then turning, they keep going forward while turning, thus they describe a gigantic circle. It wouldn't be a big problem if they didn't crash into each other so often because of this

last edited by Aram_theHead

@grax I agree with you completely. This would be so much better, but I suspect there are limitations with the game engine that might make this impossible or at the very least unlikely.

Strafing would definitly be cool but I am also quite sure that you can't implement it that without completely rewriting the movement mechanics. I only thing that you could possibly do is increasing the torpedo doge chance which would be a simple number change but of course this wouldn't have any visual effect.
And I can also confirm that turning Necron ships feels very slow.

@aram_thehead said in The Necron manoeuvrability problem:

They have a very weird way of turning. When you order to change direction, instead of stopping and then turning, they keep going forward while turning, thus they describe a gigantic circle. It wouldn't be a big problem if they didn't crash into each other so often because of this

I think a lot of bigger ships have the same problem. When i want my ships to 'turn on a dime', I make sure they turn off their engines first and make the turn, that way they don't do the big circle turn, and instead pivot.