Boarding vs shooting the ship balance needed

Currently it seems better to board an enemy vessel and hulk it than to shoot it, i suggest to increase all weapons damage instead or buff every ships troops, at least the last red troops you have, where you can still reduce the ships total efficiency without hulking it. and with buffing the defending troops, the attacking boarders could do some hull damage as well to avoid them being totally redundant.

Otherwise this game will turn into BFG hulking armada.

just nerf the boarding faction damage... a 20% general boarding nerf with an extra 20% tyrannid boarding nerf and a cut to 50% boarding damage for all carrier launched boarding shuttlecraft can instasolve this problem...

@kilroywh78 said in Boarding vs shooting the ship balance needed:

Currently it seems better to board an enemy vessel and hulk it than to shoot it, i suggest to increase all weapons damage instead or buff every ships troops, at least the last red troops you have, where you can still reduce the ships total efficiency without hulking it. and with buffing the defending troops, the attacking boarders could do some hull damage as well to avoid them being totally redundant.

Otherwise this game will turn into BFG hulking armada.

You can board while shooting or shoot while boarding, you know. And not necessarily the same ship too. 😃

Id like to see boarding power reduced across the board for all but the tyranids. Maybe not as much as 20%...maybe change it per faction (some factions would be better at boarding than others). But for the tyranids, I'd recommend maybe removing the boarding craft from the carriers (not very niddy - too long ranged), and decrease their regular boarding range.

I wrote another longer post about changes I'd recommend for tyranids.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/35189/tyranid-point-cost-nerfs-not-the-whole-solution