No Change to Necrons?

thats what it looks like unless those bonuses that weren't applying properly include something for necrons 😕

This is super disappointing. Their win rate is completely deceptive when the number of high ranking player was compared to other factions.

They remain completely one dimensional in ship choice (with a carin that's not even useful)

Suffer against any long range crit.
Uniquely vulnerable to nova cannon and similar Aoe skill.
Easily crippled via boarding and morale damage.

Then half the fix and nerf has almost no bennefit to necron. They can't rally anyway. Was actually less affected by strikecraft spam because of starpulse.

They fixed reload i guess but others get fixes to lots of their stuff too.

The balance changes are extremely lackluster. They clearly only balanced based on global win %. No effort was put into balancing beyond that.

Hope the campaign is good.

last edited by CowGoMoo

I wonder if tessaract crypt skill still does not work.

hull cauterization plus hull repair shift isnt working too btw

@kratzramanis It works, although I wouldn't be surprised if something can cause it to bug or break. Remember max hull decreases while they are repairing, and disruption bomb along with a few specific abilities can stop it temporarily.

What I really like is how resurrection orb gives a whole whopping 1 singular troop to nearby ships.
So strong =|

@bersercker That ability works for me. There are ways your stances can be turned off such as splinter torps.

last edited by CowGoMoo

Are you surprised?
We told them from Beta 1 Necron can't win long range shoot out with orks then they nerfed Necron for Beta 2.
Whoever is in charge of balancing is just ........................................................

@sbun Well, they just don't have a lot of ships in their roster, so any change has large consequences. I agree that Necrons are pretty much too weak right now, but with the news of new and more ships being added with the first large update, it's just a matter of time till they have a roster that allows for different tactics to be used. Or that's what I think anyways.

@zucadragon they said it would be after the first major update, which is in March. If they want to have players by then, they need some balancing now.

@nemesor-xanxas That is generally not a very long time to wait for a large update, look at a lot of games that started off in alpha states and slowly got features and features over years of time, oftentimes with months in between.

Look at games like Rimworld, or Prison Architect, who had a base game at that time that was lacking in a lot of things, very limited, but just because the base game was working well, people kept coming back to it.

Most people I know, aren't like "I want it NOW, or I'm leaving this game immediately and never coming back".

Now if there was silence on the matter, and they didn't make this promise, then after a month or two, you might be right, and people will be like "Is this it?" and simmer away to something else, but they've talked about the first big update and what will be coming, new game modes, new skirmish, new units.

So I think that's exciting.

Yeah resurrection orb is a joke. "yaaaay! I can't wait to get a whooping 1 troop back, so space marines will at least turn their eyes towards me!"

@zucadragon i mean the reason it’s a problem is because the base game is broken, not lacking, and there has been more than a little discontent. I realize that it’s a very short time relatively, but people are angry already. There have been more than a few “I’m done, refund time” threads, and others have mentions in them. And of course, having been on the forums you know the community stance on Necrons and corsairs, which is especially relevant given one of those has a campaign. I am actually not sure myself if I am keeping the game, which is why I haven’t touched it since release. The fact the devs keep saying that they are listen and then ignoring all feedback is not helping.

@nemesor-xanxas I see some people that are angry or pissed off, but not that many. I think what you could say, is that they(the devs) bit off more than they could chew and swallow at once. They've said it themselves, they are a small team, but a lot of improvements have already been implemented.

Yet with the amount of feedback there, plenty has been missed as well, you're right on that. I wouldn't call the game broken, just unbalanced in various aspects. Still, the fact that they have looked at and implemented changes that the community specifically asked for already, means that they are working on it.

The problem in that case, just comes down to, everyone has their favorite faction, everyone has an aspect of the game that they want to see improved, so when something else gets patched and fixed but not the element they specifically have a grievance with, it is a slight towards them, even though in general, I'm seeing, that it's going uphill... It's just a bit of a struggle.

Sure it could eventually all go downhill, but nothing right now suggest to me that they aren't listening to the community and the feedback they've received, but simply that there's so much feedback, that they can't implement and change it ALL effectively in the limited time they have had so far.

I do think the beta should have gone on for longer, but the side effect of that, is that if you had the second beta go on for say, 2 weeks more, plenty of players wouldn't like that either, because they would have wanted to play the campaign.

So to me, it seems like this project is too large to keep everyone happy all at the same time.

last edited by Zucadragon

@zucadragon said in No Change to Necrons?:

@nemesor-xanxas I see some people that are angry or pissed off, but not that many. I think what you could say, is that they(the devs) bit off more than they could chew and swallow at once. They've said it themselves, they are a small team, but a lot of improvements have already been implemented.

Yet with the amount of feedback there, plenty has been missed as well, you're right on that. I wouldn't call the game broken, just unbalanced in various aspects. Still, the fact that they have looked at and implemented changes that the community specifically asked for already, means that they are working on it.

The problem in that case, just comes down to, everyone has their favorite faction, everyone has an aspect of the game that they want to see improved, so when something else gets patched and fixed but not the element they specifically have a grievance with, it is a slight towards them, even though in general, I'm seeing, that it's going uphill... It's just a bit of a struggle.

Sure it could eventually all go downhill, but nothing right now suggest to me that they aren't listening to the community and the feedback they've received, but simply that there's so much feedback, that they can't implement and change it ALL effectively in the limited time they have had so far.

I do think the beta should have gone on for longer, but the side effect of that, is that if you had the second beta go on for say, 2 weeks more, plenty of players wouldn't like that either, because they would have wanted to play the campaign.

So to me, it seems like this project is too large to keep everyone happy all at the same time.

When you have fleets that people automatically surrender to because they literally cannot win, the game is broken. It’s just the Druhkari now, so I’ll give them that they fixed the Tyranids, but the Druhkari are an excellent example of my biggest complaint. They are really not addressing anything the community talks about. I have been here since alpha one, and cap points were the single change they’ve made on behalf of the community this entire time, and even that was likely because Valrak, who does a lot of marketing for them, started complaining. Without him we probably wouldn’t have got that. The nids/Druhkari debacle just further proves that they will continue to ignore The community, as they only fixed one of the because winrates. The Druhkari and Necrons are probably the best fleets to compare, as they have been both almost completely untouched since alpha 1, except for glitches (like the launch bay thing) and accidents. Both have been complained about since day one, for different s reasons. Both have been given suggestions since day one. None were taken. But what were these “accidental” changes I spoke of? Necrons got one when they accidentally broke starpulse and made it a Fleet Killer, and until now Druhkari got one because their most OP upgrade, kin crewed batteries, was broken along with reload, and is fixed now.

@nemesor-xanxas Dude, what? This is what I'm talking about, your focus is on those specific factions, but then you pretend like nothing else almost was done.

Have you looked at the change logs, there were a lot of changes, specifically to make Tyranids lett strong, to make Corsairs cheaper and thus more viable.
Drukhari got a small nerft but I do believe it could be improved.

Skirmish and Campaign were both improved, you gain Skirmish XP now, and in the Campaign, people can pick how they want to fight, and if they want the urgency gauge.

Some other factions got buffs and nerfs as well to various aspects. Necrons got an armor boost to make them more durable, though I do agree, that's not enough to make them perfectly viable yet.

These are pretty much all things people asked for on the forums, so they obviously listen to people, but also haven't gotten through all of it yet.

You're acting like only a few small things were done, but the game is barely out and they're making changes, and if you can't wait a few weeks for more balance fixes and changes to be made, then really, that is on you.

last edited by Zucadragon

@zucadragon i asked right after they announced what they were going implement for launch and this was the response i got.

@jellyfoosh said in Community Update - 18 January 2019:

Hey @imptastic
The Necrons currently have a 46% winrate, which is quite close to the ideal 50%, but as we mentioned in the post above, we will be tweaking balance across the board as we approach launch.

So from that we can gather that they are not interested in dealing with them at this time. And anything they did do to them would largely be simple fixes like changing costs not dynamic shifting fixes the necrons need to feel like a decent faction.

@imptastic That is ignoring the fact that the first major update is planned to provide more and new ships to a lot of factions in order to provide more tactical possibilities.

@zucadragon Even if they did add more ships to allow more tactical possibilites, this wouldn't solve a couple of issues that are currently affecting the necrons. Ease to suffer critical damage, low troop count and inability to dodge. I'd also add that they can't gain morale back.