4th campaign speculation

sao apparently we're getting a 4th campaign, let's speculate. Chaos seems an obvious "in demand" one but I'm thinking we might get a Ynnari campaign that features all of the various eldar fleet types. your thoughts?

Either of these 2 would do the trick for me. If we get chaos, I want to be able to recruit the Planet Killer though. And as an Eldar I'd like a craftworld. It looks dope

last edited by Aram_theHead

I dont think an entire craftworld would even fit on the map

One of the screen shots in the steam devblogs about campaigns featured the eldar in battle, so I always assumed an eldar campaign was in the works. They aren't my ideal choice but that would cover three factions right off the bat.

Tau are the next best choice because they have two factions, two birds with one stone. Also, the weaboos love them. I imagine you could have a horde based campaign where the merchants gather resources and negotiate supply lines and the protectors have to cover them.

Chaos would be awesome, because of how complete their lineup is. Orks as well, I'd like to see a green tide campaign.

I think, it's more likely Chaos, because they're one of main antagonists in BFGA2 campaign.

@existor said in 4th campaign speculation:

I think, it's more likely Chaos, because they're one of main antagonists in BFGA2 campaign.

But im which scenario? Destruction of cadia? In pretty much any other scenario Chaos does get beaten in the end.

edit but given that they say grand campaign it could be an general grand campaign for every faction, a bit like total war

last edited by androas

@androas said in 4th campaign speculation:

edit but given that they say grand campaign it could be an general grand campaign for every faction, a bit like total war

I would love for that to be the case. Tindalos needs to step in and clarify what it is.

@androas A shame i can only upvote that once. A grand campaign for everyone would be AMAZING.

IIRC the devs said each campaign was essentially a "what if" scenerio. and thus chaos being defeated in every other scenerio wouldn't be a problem

@briandavion said in 4th campaign speculation:

IIRC the devs said each campaign was essentially a "what if" scenerio. and thus chaos being defeated in every other scenerio wouldn't be a problem

Makes sense, because otherwise the Tyranids OM-NOM-NOMing everything would mean that there is no story after. 😛

I really want the first Campaign to be Chaos. However, Ynnari would be absolutely fine. well.. Any race would be Fine. They Literally cant go wrong with this 😛

Honestly, wouldn't it be logical to simply give us a 13th Black Crusade campaign, where the ending is to drop the wrecked Black Fortress on Cadia? So basically the story up to the point where all the other campaigns begin? So it is YOUR fleet that rams the station in the opening cinematic.^^

last edited by Hjalfnar_HGV

I think Chaos or Eldar would be best factions for another campaign.

Give me a Chaos campaign so that I can set the galaxy on fire!

I would LOVE an eldar campaign. They even mentioned that all three factions are working together under the Ynaari in the intro video during the campaign. That would open up a pretty decent ship pool, and would be a more unique "hit and run" type faction compared to the others that are available.

Chaos could be cool too, but I'm hoping for eldar.

In the longer term, Tau would be sweet with both their merchant and protector fleets. Considering they said they would make new ships, they could even add a mechanic where you capture auxiliary worlds, and then get access to new ships for that race. Probably not going to happen for a long time if it even does 🙂

I would love a "non-plot" 4th campaign, that literally just gives me a giant galaxy with every race in it, and tells me to go conquer everything. Let me pick my own faction (Since there's no story to tailor), and go to town.

Would be the closest thing we got to Skirmish Progression from the first game.