Eldar needs serious buffing

What you say is true, but I would not throw leaderboard or even win % out at all. If anything, I would be worried that the Devs are taking these very statistics and basing game balance decisions off of this.

@lkhero said in Eldar needs serious buffing:

What you say is true, but I would not throw leaderboard or even win % out at all. If anything, I would be worried that the Devs are taking these very statistics and basing game balance decisions off of this.

You are probably right. The current leaderboard can't say much.
Too many players who barely know what they are doing.
And the top of the ladder is basically the one who farms the most newbs.

But for the same reason, the serverdata statistics are super unreliable either.
God knows how Nec managed to reach 40+ win% in Beta 2, which makes them think Nec don't need buff.
It's almost unthinkable among top players.

They really need to listen to the community if they want to make decent balance.
And in that regard, I think it's better to make clear what playerlevel you belong to.
Makes it easier for the Devs to filtrate valuable information.

Since you know ........ we are talking inside a Topic which says Eldar needs buff.....

@hollowinfinity said in Eldar needs serious buffing:

@lkhero said in Eldar needs serious buffing:

You are probably right. The current leaderboard can't say much.
Too many players who barely know what they are doing.
And the top of the ladder is basically the one who farms the most newbs.

But for the same reason, the serverdata statistics are super unreliable either.
God knows how Nec managed to reach 40+ win% in Beta 2, which makes them think Nec don't need buff.
It's almost unthinkable among top players.

They really need to listen to the community if they want to make decent balance.
And in that regard, I think it's better to make clear what playerlevel you belong to.
Makes it easier for the Devs to filtrate valuable information.

Since you know ........ we are talking inside a Topic which says Eldar needs buff.....

Yeah, for real man..
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/34991/community-update-looking-at-metadata-and-interpreting-it

Right now, I think most of the top players are saying that fundamentally, Eldar just needs changing. 270 degree arcs makes the playstyle of the faction too safe. In fact, it's against Eldar fluff entirely! I've written this time and time again and I don't think it's going to do us any good unless Tindalos is polling opinions from top players and using supporting telemetry from top players to verify it.

For example, what good is our feedback if they're looking at generic 1v1+2v2 stats on the newb-laddergrind that is the current leaderboards? There's no chance. They have to use data that is actually applicable for them to make intelligent decisions. Otherwise, it's all a wash.

people really be out here asking for eldar to be buffed

The 3 Eldar races are insanely strong at higher leagues, and underwhelming at lower leagues.
This is backed up by the win rate by faction table posted by the developers a few days ago.

I'm #4 Tau Protector and I'm HELPLESS against Corsairs and CWE, holofields just make them close to impossible to crit, all my ordnance just get kited and shot down, and this is a common theme for most factions.

Like @HollowInfinity said, the only real counter is very fast in your face fleets cause you negate most of his torp damage by being close and it also forces a lot of micro mistakes out of them
But if you can't catch them, you are as good as dead, its close to impossible to hit them with bombs, because their mobility let's them choose when and where to fight
Now in lower leagues I wouldn't be surprises if people get hit by bombs and nova cannons all the time, that doesn't make them instantly bad, its just people that can't play them properly

There were very few Chaos players in legend a few days ago, now that people are finding out the 6x slaughter build just murders eldar, look at how many there are
Orks also works all right against them cause of Traktor beam

I really think the problem lies in the holofield, its retarded good. Against most factions, this is what let's them get close, not get critted and torp you dead with no defense against it. There is no turret/fighter mechanic against them because torps are fired at melee range with no time to counter them at all

So no, they don't need a buff.
If anything they need a nerf.

@lkhero At least in high level play, even if all those changes were made, the problem would still persist I think.
What makes good players come head on to melee range and unload torps with no counterplay at all is the holofields.
Bombs just delay the inevitable because they almost never connect against good players, most factions can't even capitalize from defensive bomb usage even if the eldars boost away from them because speed and holofields being so freaking good.

I'm #4 Tau protector and I get MURDERED by CWE and Corsairs, I would be fine if it was a hard counter kind of thing, I can live with that. But they also murder most fleets except from a very select few so it's not fine at all

No doubt that CWE are over-performing, but with the upcoming 9K engagement ranges, you should have the health advantage with most Prot Tau builds. As Prot, you will have Ord and Missile advantage so you can divide and conquer when Eldar ships scatter.

Also, your 4th on the Tau leaderboards means nothing unfortunately. Anyone can get there if they play enough games (both 1v1 and 2v2).

However, I must say that shorter engagement ranges and Torps are the current problem with Eldar. We must be very careful when talking about Holofields because they're mechanically very different than almost everything else we have in the game. This is otherwise compensated by their below average boarding and getting boarded, crits on gens is much more devastating and their lower HP/armor when it comes to ramming. Corsairs with their Fragile trait is also very frustrating, especially against some crit-based factions such as Prot Tau. Their strongest build right now is probably 7CAs, but it only has 4 Torps per Cruiser which is a very good thing.

last edited by LKHERO

Yeah, I don't see why the Eldar factions need buffs considering how they seem to dominate the latest winrate graphics I saw.