I'm done with this crap

Why buy a cheap garbage card and not a gtx 1060 or 1070 I play with a gtx 1080 and r5 1600x and the game runs great on max settings 1440p
I think your whole pc is garbage

The number of updates any game receives will in itself tell nothing about the quality of an update. In other words, if one game receive 10 updates within x amount of time and another game receives 1 update in the same amount of time, that 1 update may contain important changes while those 10 updates may all be trivial. Spending time between updating a game may also be a sign that NWI do bugtesting and tries to make sure the new content works as intended. Quality above quantity. If this is the case with Sandstorm I have no opinion about, I am just saying that we need other measures to accurately compare Sandstorm against other games.

When it comes to statistics on the TTK, we can all read this in game for every weapon and I have attached a video for those who do not own a copy and want to see for themselves.
Depending on your playstyle and skill, TTK may feel high if you play the game as you played Ins2014, as the TTK in Ins2014 definitely was lower/more lethal, but when you look at different videos on for example youtube, it is obvious that a lot of players are still capable of mowing down enemies in no time, as you can quickly deliver 3-4 bullets on your target in a very short amount of time with most weapons as shown by countless players on videos online.

I also prefer even more lethal weapons, but Sandstorm is still in the ballpark of shooters with a quite low ttk compared to many other games, but has definitely changed away from part of the trademark that was In2014.

When it comes to armour, it is as mentioned by several users in this forum very situational if it has any usefulness, and would in my opinion only have any usefulness if you are mostly stationary while defending the same area throughout a whole round, is mostly moving slowly anyway, so that speed is not important to you and your role is more oriented as supplying covering fire and staying away from the front line. It may also be useful for new players who play very cautious as it may give you a second chance in a few situations: And these playstyles are in most cases not suited for this game, as speed is more important in most situations, as it is always helping you stay alive in this game. Armour is limited in its effect as in real life - Which I think is cool. I would personally recommend new players to try to get used to using no armour from the beginning, so that they develop a playstyle that is quicker and more suited for doing successful flanks and reach engagement distance with the enemies as early as possible in every round. I can understand players who wants the immersion of more realistic movement where you often move slower, but players with speed will most often dominate in this game, as even if you play stationary, you are most often dead when a player knows your location and starts shooting at you center mass - Or worse, shoot you in the head, which you can not hide whenever you have a visual (in the direction of enemy positions).

TTK shown with and without different armours, or more accurately, amount of bullets needed for a kill, as you can lower the timeframe significantly by delivering shots in quick succession:
Youtube Video

last edited by Pacalis

I still think amour should be just removed. Means we don't need to fight over what penetrates and what doesn't. It will make balancing guns far easier. Means TTK can realistically be high. And yes I know, seeing any military force fighting without body armour is completely bull shit. But I still think as this this isn't a milsim that gameplay should come first.

@dutchpowernl @chraso The game may not run terrible all the time but it’s still not optimized well. The devs have even confirmed this saying that this remains among top priority. Hit boxes and registration both still need work. I have myself a decent computer and will admit I can pull off decent frames with most settings as high as they can go running at 1080p. That being said I have a 144hz monitor and should be able to stay above that in frames but I can’t and sometimes get quite significant dips. Also quite often even though my internet is expensive and pretty damn good with ping usually in the 40’s I still shoot people to which some of the bullets some of the time would seem not to register at all. So I’m not saying you guys are saying the game runs perfect but I would classify it as running far from well. MO

@maa_bunny said in I'm done with this crap:

@jarv said in I'm done with this crap:

"Military testing calls for survivability of three hits from the round marked on the plate - for standard SAPI, of a caliber up to 7.62×51mm NATO M80 ball"

That said, the testing I've seen in controlled environments in-game shows that heavy armor won't even protect you from 2 rounds of 5.56 at close range. I think the real issue is hit registration.

Wacky reality: 7.62mm M80 is actually significantly worse at penetrating infantry body armor than 5.56mm M855. That's partly because of the extra velocity of 5.56mm, and partly because the M80 cartridge hasn't been updated since before Vietnam.

@whitby said in I'm done with this crap:

If we're having plates stop rounds, the hitboxes of the plates need to be plate sized, not just the entire torso

This is what needs to happen.

I’m a bit mixed about armor.

It is more realistic to have plate-sized armor but hit-reg and plate location(s) are going to be vital to making them efficient. If all it does is give you 3 damage-free shots to 1 specific part of your body, that seems both good and bad. Good that it’s realistic and armor works, bad as in it may feel OP right now with how the game plays.

If armor works similar to before, where it’s torso only and damage is diminished and not out-right removed, I feel although it’s less realistic, it would be more viable and balanced.

As mentioned before, Hit-reg seems to be an issue right now. I feel that should be fixed first before we buff armor and lengthen the TTK for anyone right now.

TTK and movement definitely need to be sped up, as does the game's performance. Right now, I don't have any reason to play this game over Source.

This post is deleted!

@cyoce I don’t think in all honesty that the TTK is that bad it’s the hit reg. I have soooo many damn bullets land directly on target but do not register. Then there is the fact that people do not react to being shot. At all. Try it out for yourself after a 10 foot fall my guy is fucked and screaming and I can’t move and vision blurry yet I fucking shake off being shot like it’s less than being stung by a wasp. But for me in terms of TTK sometimes I drop people pretty damn fast when my bullets decide to do what bullets should. Other times the guy is 5 feet in front of me and I fucking blast his ass and nothing.. no blood.. no reaction.. Nothing. And I would have proof of this but the replays are so terribly broken half of my replays aren’t available for review. And the ones that are it’s a fucking nightmare to try and sift through the filth to find the specific moments I would like to share. Literally just between the complete freezing and the replay not even showing remotely what happened it’s plain painful. I will give an example I went to a replay that was actually available to watch and found the segment I was looking for where I was holding a point on B in a corner waiting for an enemy to come through a door because I could clearly hear him on the other side and he teleports through the door into the room Infront of me and kills me. There was sound the good old door kicking audio certainly happened but no animation door remained intact and unscathed yet here was the enemy now completely through the unopened door and shooting me. But lo and behold the replay did not show this at all in fact in the replay as he shot and killed me the camera wouldn’t even show my perspective from first person or what I witnessed with my own two eyes but rather half of my body and the wall beside me. Kind of hard to share that and show what went wrong when the replays do not even remotely work for me.. Like ever! Had to get this off my chest.