Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box

I noticed this aswell, its quite obvious both in sandstorm and on the source version.
But to me it seemed like this was added on purpose, the feature originally called lazy aim.

Suppressing people with tracer rounds in the source version was supposed to give suppressed combatants more lazy aim, so it would make hipfire harder for them.
This entire lazy aim schmutz was made for hipfire, thus why it isn't present when aiming down the sights.

Nevertheless, i dont like it, it messes up aim and feels weird.

@Sir-Barnaby said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

I noticed this aswell, its quite obvious both in sandstorm and on the source version.
But to me it seemed like this was added on purpose, the feature originally called lazy aim.

Suppressing people with tracer rounds in the source version was supposed to give suppressed combatants more lazy aim, so it would make hipfire harder for them.
This entire lazy aim schmutz was made for hipfire, thus why it isn't present when aiming down the sights.

Nevertheless, i dont like it, it messes up aim and feels weird.

It's simply boxed freeaim system, RS2 behaves the same when you select boxed freeaim.

Only thing they would have to add is smooth rotation option for freeaim.

last edited by Leopardi

I get that NWI did this to try to slow the game down, to prevent sandstorm becoming too much of a twitch shooter, with both the free aim sensitivity reduction along with the free aim crosshair to ADS crosshair misalignment as obstacles to muscle memory flick shots.

Unfortunately the sensitivity reduced 'sticky centre' just makes the game feel bad. It just feels like input lag. I think it also balances the gameplay too much in favor of the defensive side, it disadvantages movement too much. On open maps with so much clutter and so many places to get shot from, a gameplay mechanic which hinders your ability to quickily scan your surroundings makes movement too risky. In my opinion the free aim sensitivity needs to be much closer to normal panning sensitivity.

last edited by gprologitech

@gprologitech said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

I get that NWI did this to try to slow the game down, to prevent sandstorm becoming too much of a twitch shooter, with both the free aim sensitivity reduction along with the free aim crosshair to ADS crosshair misalignment as obstacles to muscle memory flick shots.

Unfortunately the sensitivity reduced 'sticky centre' just makes the game feel bad. It just feels like input lag. I think it also balances the gameplay too much in favor of the defensive side, it disadvantages movement too much. On open maps with so much clutter and so many places to get shot from, a gameplay mechanic which hinders your ability to quickily scan your surroundings makes movement too risky. In my opinion the free aim sensitivity needs to be much closer to normal panning sensitivity.

There are no issues with hipfire twitch shooting in RO2/RS2. RO1 was a bit like that, but RO2 fixed it by doing the lowering weapon thing while moving.

And the controls feel nice and smooth. Give us the Smooth Rotation freeaim option as well. There's no reason to handicap the basic controls of the game like this.

last edited by Leopardi

Just Wished they removed it

1.300 Views and 46 replies on this post already, but only 5 upvotes of the original post ? Comon guys !

@GavinGalix said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

Just Wished they removed it

No need to remove... just give the smooth rotation aim as well as an option.

Anyone been following the patch notes? Has mouse input gotten any updates?

@Congas said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

@Leopardi Still broken, matey.

Well, the new CoD looks like a good replacement for Insurgency so there's some kind of happy ending here. So much arrogance from the dev team. This surely has been reported to them, but they just overlook it...