I made an Intermediate to Advanced guide on how to play the game a bit better. I didn't really have a set script, so I just ran down some bullet points and talked about each for a little bit. Unfortunately, because there is quite a bit of gameplay, it ran much longer than I expected! 2.5 hours actually.
I mainly just stream 1v1s when I have time and don't have a dedicated YT channel, so I've highlighted this vid on my channel:
Here are the points I talked about in this video:
- Fleet composition; focused vs. balanced fleets (~8 min)
- Upgrade/skills additions (~17 min)
- Hotkeys; improving speed (~24 min)
- Scouting, strategic deployment, focus fire while moving (~32 min)
- Selecting critical systems (~37 min)
- Understanding ship movement (~1h10m)
- Understanding weapons and engagement distance (~1h10m)
- Cooldown management (~1h37m)
- Predicting engagements, reacting to the enemy (~1h50m)
- Understanding specific matchups; meta fleets (~2h2m)
I primarily showcased the IN when talking about designing a fleet, but also dabbled in Eldar when talking about cooldown management. There's also a lot of torping in this vid with both factions and a fair amount of jumping around topics because there's so much to talk about.