10 Helpful Tips to becoming a better player

Hey all,

click to show

I made an Intermediate to Advanced guide on how to play the game a bit better. I didn't really have a set script, so I just ran down some bullet points and talked about each for a little bit. Unfortunately, because there is quite a bit of gameplay, it ran much longer than I expected! 2.5 hours actually.

I mainly just stream 1v1s when I have time and don't have a dedicated YT channel, so I've highlighted this vid on my channel:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/371102370

Here are the points I talked about in this video:

• Fleet composition; focused vs. balanced fleets (~8 min)
  • Upgrade/skills additions (~17 min)
  • Hotkeys; improving speed (~24 min)
  • Scouting, strategic deployment, focus fire while moving (~32 min)
  • Selecting critical systems (~37 min)
  • Understanding ship movement (~1h10m)
  • Understanding weapons and engagement distance (~1h10m)
  • Cooldown management (~1h37m)
  • Predicting engagements, reacting to the enemy (~1h50m)
  • Understanding specific matchups; meta fleets (~2h2m)

I primarily showcased the IN when talking about designing a fleet, but also dabbled in Eldar when talking about cooldown management. There's also a lot of torping in this vid with both factions and a fair amount of jumping around topics because there's so much to talk about.

Enjoy!

last edited by LKHERO

The leader board needs splitting between 1v1 and 2v2.

Some MMR based matchmaking would be nice too, at the moment you just get feed random skill opponents.

last edited by HallBregg

Elo should also be a nil sum figure. If I'm 100 and playing a 150 and loose then he should get 5% of my Elo and I lose 5% of it. If I win, as underdog, I should get 10% off his and he loses 10% off his.

*figures pulled from my bum

Very good video @LKHERO

The part at 2h2m showed me what I think is the biggest weakness of the game and takes the cheesecake 😉 We need a Force Organisation chart. Spamming the same type of a LC 10 times doesn't seem like interesting gameing experience, but it works really well.

Tindalos needs to see those builds and decide if that's the thing they want to represent their gaming experience.

last edited by Lothair88

@lothair88 said in 10 Helpful Tips to becoming a better player:

Very good video @LKHERO

The part at 2h2m showed me what I think is the biggest weakness of the game and takes the cheesecake 😉 We need a Force Organisation chart. Spamming the same type of a LC 10 times doesn't seem like interesting gameing experience, but it works really well.

Tindalos needs to see those builds and decide if that's the thing they want to represent their gaming experience.

The same problem exists in 40K, except there's the rule of 3 🙂

Offtopic:
That's right. That's why after 20 years of GW systems we switched to Corvus Belli's Infinity. Fantastic, and balanced system where the list doesn't win 😉

Great Vid LKHERO!