Using Boarding to deal with mutiny's?

I posted this on Reddit yesterday and it got some decent traction and discussion and i was advised to put it with the hopes of more exposure.

What are your thoughts on being able to board your own ships in order to crush a mutiny.

I find the mutiny mechanic one of the worst aspects of this game. It's immensely powerful and has very little in the way of counterplay.

Boarding actions are a very important skill with a limited number of charges. Having to decide if you want to save your own ship or cripple an enemy ship would be a good mechanic in my opinion.

I also think that if you're boarding your own drifting hulk you should get back more then 1 troop. It's almost pointless to try vs a competent opponent.

I'd been thinking this before the devs mentioned a rework to it, so now seems like a good time to bring it up.

Your thoughts? Cheers.

(OP is here incase you care for about the replies https://www.reddit.com/r/BFGArmada/comments/alaypr/with_the_boarding_rework/)

What about the factions that really on Morale dmg or create such builds? Like Necrons for instance?

I also agree their should be some other counter means. Maybe destroying an opposing ship, more executions?

@lothair88 said in Using Boarding to deal with mutiny's?:

What about the factions that really on Morale dmg or create such builds? Like Necrons for instance?

I also agree their should be some other counter means. Maybe destroying an opposing ship, more executions?

Making your opponent waste boarding charges and reset their boarding cooldowns would still favour factions that do morale damage. Any time their boarding their own mutinying ships, they're not boarding yours.

Why is Re crewing an hulk "almost pointless"?

The enemy needs min. 2 actions but more likely 3-4 to hulk your ship.

So if he Starts out with 6 charges, he will be at 4 charges left if he hulks your ship with 2 charges.

You use 1 and Re Crew to 1 Crew

He now has 4 charges you have 5.

After all charges are spend your ship has 1 Crew and he cant de Crew it again.