So you give INS older MP5A2, SEC gets newer MP5A5, why not give SEC newer ACOG, INS gets older ACOG?

This pattern has already been done a few times, with the INS getting older versions of security weapons (M16A4 sec / M16A2 ins) and now the (MP5A5 sec / MP5A2 ins)... So why can't the security team get the newer ACOG scope (which is the current acog model available for insurgent team) and let the Insurgent team have an older more banged up ACOG model?

Please.

AGREED. An alternative will be to wait for the modding community to come up with a "ACOG skin" for the C79. Have no idea why security doesnt have the ACOG.

@jarple said in So you give INS older MP5A2, SEC gets newer MP5A5, why not give SEC newer ACOG, INS gets older ACOG?:

and let the Insurgent team have an older more banged up ACOG model?

Actually that doesn't make any sense. You can literally buy any real scope in the Internet right now, including brand new ACOG. I guess Insurgents have access to the internet 🙂

last edited by smoussie

@smoussie said in So you give INS older MP5A2, SEC gets newer MP5A5, why not give SEC newer ACOG, INS gets older ACOG?:

@jarple said in So you give INS older MP5A2, SEC gets newer MP5A5, why not give SEC newer ACOG, INS gets older ACOG?:

and let the Insurgent team have an older more banged up ACOG model?

Actually that doesn't make any sense. You can literally buy any real scope in the Internet right now, including brand new ACOG. I guess Insurgents have access to the internet 🙂

Haha, he has a point.

@smoussie I think you've misunderstood my point.

Q: Why do the insurgents have the M16A2 and not the newer more available M16A4, especially if they could buy it off the internet?
A: For gameplay and thematic sake.

Q: So why would the insurgents get the older MP5A2 and not the MP5A5 that the security team will be getting?
A: For gameplay and thematic sake (It's new content, so both teams get to enjoy using an MP5)

Q: Why would the insurgents get an older ACOG model and not the newer ACOG model the security team should have?
A: Thematic sake.

Q: If the insurgents really had access to the internet, why wouldn't they buy and use M16A4's instead of A2's or AK-12's instead of AKM's?
A: Because the reality of logistics isn't emphasized in this game. The team's gear are more thematically based. Giving the security team the ACOG and giving the Insurgents an older ACOG model is literally following the pre-existing thematic patterns already in the game.

You know what doesn't make any sense? The INS:S damage model. Mic drop

@smoussie said in So you give INS older MP5A2, SEC gets newer MP5A5, why not give SEC newer ACOG, INS gets older ACOG?:

Actually, not so much. There's this thing called ITAR - the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. It's designed to prevent exactly this sort of thing from happening. Check out any on-line listing for weapons accessories and you'll generally see a big notification somewhere identifying it as an ITAR regulated item and restricting its sale to within the US. For example, a listing for an ACOG: https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-acog-4x32-riflescope-with-dual-illumination-acss-reticle.html?_iv_code=TJ-RS-TDIRF-TA31-G-ACSS

That's not to say there aren't ways around ITAR, it's pretty easy to bypass, but it's not quite so simple as just ordering one off the internet.

@jarple No, man, you just lost so much time typing this reply... the only concern was that Insurgents also have access to the new scopes, that’s all. I support your suggestion actually and I want to see ACOG in Security’s customization menu.

You remember how m16a2 was looking in beta? It was looking used and dusty. IMO it should be personal, like weapon skin you can choose. Because I was so happy seeing that insurgents now have “brand new” looking m16, not like it was stored in one hut with goats.

last edited by smoussie

@maa_bunny in Ukraine right now, volunteers buy accessories for weapons from USA without any problems, and handing them to our army.

@maa_bunny in Ukraine right now, volunteers buy accessories for weapons from USA without any problems, and handing them to our army.

Yup, that's the simplest way to bypass ITAR. Have an American buy something and then just ship it overseas. It's technically a federal crime, but difficult to enforce.

@smoussie I didn't lose any time. I want the security to get the ACOG, I pushed for it before when the game was more alive, but nothing came of it. I've literally stopped playing this game because there is simply no ACOG for Security and the Insurgents have it for some stupid reason.

I'm frustrated because NWI already have these thematic patterns in-game and keep implementing more (Newer MP5 given to Sec, older MP5 given to INS etc) yet there is this massive thematic issue in which Insurgents have the ACOG and Security does not.

the only concern was that Insurgents also have access to the new scopes

Insurgents wouldn't have access to the 'new' acog scopes.

Here is how it would go...

1. Move current ACOG from Insurgent team to Security team.
  2. Make 'new-3D-asset' ACOG model that is based of an older ACOG model and give that to Insurgents (Insurgents still need a x4 option, but having the newer ACOG version has always tilted me).

@jarple The Elcan Spectre is newer than the ACOG. Maybe all the Security troops decided they liked it a lot better and junked all their ACOGs, then the Insurgents went picking through the trash and goinked them. :face_with_stuck-out_tongue: