So I have a nvidia GTX 1060, with a Laptop with 16 gigs of ram, and for whatever reason I get these random micro stutters that cause the FPS to drop from around 50/60fps to 20/30fps. I have not been able to ascertain the culprit. I have lowered all in game settings to low, lowered the view distance, and scale resolution all to their lowest points. This has caused no improvement. The issue occurs infrequently such as when a ship is destroyed or when a attack/movement order is issued such as shift commanding.

I don't think it's a memory issue but I could be wrong on that front. I also have the game installed on my D:drive as my C drive is too full for it.

Additionally the freeze/drop may happen simply by selecting another type of ship which I find very strange. No other games have caused an issue like this for me before. I have updated all my drivers and temperature wise in game there doesn't appear to be any issue. Enabling performance mode in my bios also has not yielded any useful results.

Basically I don't know what else to try other than a reinstall, I love the game and I just want to fix this issue. I would very much appreciate any help in this endeavour.