Autocast abilities (boarding, orders, ordnance) were my Favorite Part and now they are gone.

Hi all,

I really REALLY loved BFG Armada 1. Between the ways you could program your ships to try to engage from one side or the other, to target engines or shields, to automatically launch boarding parties when an enemy entered range and arc, all of those abilities made the game super fun and easy to manage.

Now, none of those features are in the game any more. It bums me out a lot. Is there any chance they would come back to the game?

I really really want to love BFG:Armada 2, I really miss the autocast abilities and TACTICAL COGITATOR. Hope I'm not alone here.

Tactical cogitator is still there in the campaign, and autocast would be pretty useless as most abilities have now limited charges.

@hjalfnar_hgv said in Autocast abilities (boarding, orders, ordnance) were my Favorite Part and now they are gone.:

Tactical cogitator is still there in the campaign, and autocast would be pretty useless as most abilities have now limited charges.

Not all of them though, and besides, even with limited charges, some abilities are almost impossible for the auto-targeting to screw up (Fighter Squads targeting ships with turrets, Bombs/Nova Cannon slightly leading targets, using repair automatically when criticaled, using troop replenishment automatically when down troops, using Lightning Strike automatically when a ship in range loses shields). They might not be the optimal use, but that should still be up to the player to decide whether that particular decision is worth their managing or not.

Maybe at least on easy mode they could implement some of those.