Micro-Warp jump in Eldar factions

@nikof135 Yes they can, but the ability is called "Micro Warp Jump" even for the Eldar. It should be called "Webway Slip" or something like that. Eldar aren't jumping into the warp, they're going through passageways built by the old ones. Their ability to teleport is mechanically totally fine with me, but it using the same visual FX as warp jumps is not fine, and the text of calling it a warp jump is not fine.

last edited by WhiteHawke

not even hive ships hulk a eldar cruiser in one go
they all have multiple engines so good luck critting those away with boarding
you clearly know nothing about boarding
and yes shields that cant be shot down do mean they are immune to lightning strikes, unless your opponent goes afk
and eldar dont even need to boost to get from one side of a disruption bomb to the other

You play Spacmarens which you may have problems with a boarding game, take strikes or Vanguards at the limit, you have so many ways to fence the eldar, but you just cry, the nerf is nerf it, light cruisers op MJW op, you would like the broken tau in the first game just autowin

last edited by Nikof135

@whitehawke
Well, this is already standard laziness Tindalos
when they were too lazy to do different FX, maybe they will fix them in subsequent patches. so it was in the first game write about it in the technical forum

@davie the fact that you mention that the best counter to MWJ is taking your own MWJ shows that the balance on this skill is iffy. Personally I think it should be removed. Battleships should be made viable through other means.

@JawRippa I agree, there far too many skills/upgrades that feel mandatory, and in general the meta for the game is just cruiser spam, even the factions that have tons of choice tend to just be the same builds, or slight variations

The more I play around with MWJ, the more I realise how bonkers it is in 2v2. Escpecially in the case of eldar it is basically a get out of jail free card. No matter what the opponent has done or sacrificed to corner them, it can be countered by an instant responce of teleporting the whole map away.

Fluff wise the Eldars do use the Warp. Sure they prefer to use the Webway when they can, but not everything is connected to the Webway, or at least not with passages wide enough to fit ships.

@tyran272 if I am remembering correctly, most things don’t have a ship sized gate even if they do have a webway gate, so they need to take the slower warp route after they get nearby. I don’t recall what they use to avoid getting eaten by daemons though.

no they dont
they are eldar
they just take the long realspace way
doesnt matter if it takes a long time
they have farseers making sure they leave fast enough anyway
the eldar cant go into the warp

Taking the long realspace way would take years, decades or even centuries.

But we have examples of Eldar using the Warp in novels like Valedor.

@tyran272 speaking of that matter, how do craftworlds get anywhere? They can’t fit in webway gates, and probably wouldn’t risk the warp.

@nemesor-xanxas they are slowboating at sub-light speeds (don't think about it) 😉

hundred years is nothing to eldar

Fluff matters little when it comes to making game balanced. Tabletop itself does not represent marines well enough, however it is needed otherwise you'd have very few marine models vs hordes of miniatures from other factions. What matters is whether or not MWJ adds enough to the game and in my opinion it takes away more that it gives.

Leave MWJ for campaign only and throw it out of multiplayer.

Without MWJ the Voidstalker becomes a free 500 point pinata.

MWJ shouldn t be instant escape card. Either the range needs to ne reduced or it should have a charging time based on the distance to jump (and parhaps possible to cancel with boardings)

You can just increase the cd to make it more punishable.

@nikof135 said in Micro-Warp jump in Eldar factions:

You play Spacmarens which you may have problems with a boarding game, take strikes or Vanguards at the limit, you have so many ways to fence the eldar, but you just cry, the nerf is nerf it, light cruisers op MJW op, you would like the broken tau in the first game just autowin

No one liked the tau from first game. But there is really a problem with this game as you pretty much have to pick a fleet that can compete with eldars or if you dont you pretty much lose against them unles the eldar player is bad. Then taking anti-eldar fleet put you at quite bad disadvantage against other fleets.

Bring back the system where you choose your fleet after you know what your enemy is. This way we could actually counter enemy fleets.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.