Request: Dedicated binds to select each explosive slot.

Having to cycle through your explosives is very time consuming. Especially when you can't set the order you prefer at loadout.

If I have an RPG & Moltov and want to quickly toss the Molly, I usually have to cycle through the RPG first which takes an age. With heavy carriers this just gets worse.

Please consider adding dedicated binds for each explosive slot and/or at the very least let us set the order which we want to access them.

Thanks for the consideration.

Do you have to wait through the entire draw animation of an explosive before you can move to the next slot? If so, that should definitely be fixed.

last edited by cyoce

Totally agree. I'd like the loadout order to be taken into consideration when it comes to explosives. It's really a pain atm to cycle through everything...

So let me get this straight. Are you saying there should be a shortcut key that allow us to toggle either a grenade slot or the RPG slot?

Yea, sure. I wouldn't mind having a new binds for selecting a specific explosive type. Speaking of binds, I remember the community from Day of Infamy requested adding a new bind that treat 'lean' as a toggle. I'm glad they added it in Sandstorm. I would love to have new bind for selecting a specific explosive slot.

@cyoce said in Request: Dedicated binds to select each explosive slot.:

Do you have to wait through the entire draw animation of an explosive before you can move to the next slot? If so, that should definitely be fixed.

Yup. I've died so many times cycling through explosive animations. Takes an age.

@ldclaudius said in Request: Dedicated binds to select each explosive slot.:

So let me get this straight. Are you saying there should be a shortcut key that allow us to toggle either a grenade slot or the RPG slot?

Yea, sure. I wouldn't mind having a new binds for selecting a specific explosive type. Speaking of binds, I remember the community from Day of Infamy requested adding a new bind that treat 'lean' as a toggle. I'm glad they added it in Sandstorm. I would love to have new bind for selecting a specific explosive slot.

Yes, that's what I'm suggesting. Each explosive slot should get it's own bind so you can select it immediately.

Currently, when you select an explosive, you switch to the one in the "first" slot. If it's not the one you want, you have to wait until you put it away and then take out the next one. If that's still not the one you want, you have to once again take the time to put it away and then take out the next... <boom! you're dead> ... one.

This might be a good idea because:

• pressing Number 3 two or three times to get to the second/third grenade slot is slower than using the mouse wheel. It always has to cycle through the pull out/put back animations to get to the next one, whereas with the mouse wheel it cancels the animations right away and skips to the next one.
    I don't like the mouse wheel, cause I tend to miss the gun/grenade I want to use and have to look at the side of the screen if I get what I want.

• as said before, the order of the grenades is dependant on the type of throwable/launcher, not if you put it in slot 1,2 or 3 in the loadout menu. Really annoying.

Yup, I'd love this too. I've flashbanged a few too many supply caches ...