Disappointing lack of narration during the campaign [No spoilers]

So I just finished the imperium campaign, had fun I must admit, however one of the most amazing things of BFG1 was the weaving of the plot through the turns with the amazing cinematics, epic moments like:

Youtube Video

Which truly brought relief in the players when the gothic sector was under siege from every side and undermanned, where you had to strategically lose some words, then about halfway in the warp storm is gone and you can start re-conquering.

In the first game the lore, grim darkness and the struggle mankind faces in the setting is also told through interludes such as:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Then we have the boss fights, in both games they are honestly fine gameplay wise, however it's incredibly...boring? pointless in bfg2? We literally get 5 seconds cutscenes for each while in the first game it truly felt we dealt a final blow to our opponents whatever your choice was:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Finally, in BFG2 if I wasn't a fan of 40k before or I wasn't up to the 42k lore I wouldn't know who Roboute Guilliman is or why is he a big deal or why and how he came back, who is Trazyn and who is Cawl (who anyway was just seen once), honestly the Prologue was perfect, it told the player what Cadia was and why it was important and that's the kind of narration I expected from the rest of game and that we never got...

Not sure why, perhaps because they had to focus on 3 different factions? Still the world building and story of 40k is essential to make it a great single player experience and the first game had it just perfect.

That's the point, 3 campaigns, to flesh them out to the same level as the single campaign from the first game, would take a loooooot of time and effort.

They are working on a 4th campaign though. I personally really enjoyed the cutscenes and the story, though I do agree, it could be fleshed out more. It also kinda depends on how fast you go through everything.

I agree that the cutscenes of the first game were better. In particular the voice acting was almost stupidly more exaggerated in game 1 and I loved it! Don't get me wrong though, the second game art is still good.

last edited by Aram_theHead

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.