Necromunda Pre-Alpha Closed Playtest

I'm definetly up for the next batch of testing

Hey guys! If you have anymore slots in the future I'd be very interested in participating 😁 I've poured many hours into mordheim and have been a gw fan for years. Having also played many hours of table top necromunda, old and new. My bro is still waiting for new redemptionists!

Should probably have mentioned I'm a pc gamer. My main rig is a desktop beast loaded with a gaming x 1080 ti. I can send specs of this if required for testing. I also have a solid msi laptop with a 1060 gtx.

@jellyfoosh said in Necromunda Pre-Alpha Closed Playtest:

Right now you can't apply for the next testing session yet. When we need more testers, we'll let people know how to join on Discord and the Forums.

How to join discord? Like which discord channel? It is disabled in the community screen.

Ready for the Next Test session Sir o7 !

How can we reach your discord Channel?

I am unable to find an invitation-link here or on the website.

All the play tests all the time!

@tegatana said in Necromunda Pre-Alpha Closed Playtest:

How can we reach your discord Channel?

I am unable to find an invitation-link here or on the website.

found a link on the facebook page to the focus-home-interactive discord with the necromunda channel....

Only just heard today that this will be coming out one day, used to play the tabletop game allot when it came out, built up gangs, customised them and sold them online when I wanted to try a new gang. Many many games of it with a group of 8 of us. think it must of been our second fav game after playing Warhammer tabletop games. All us buying white dwarf hoping to see new necromunda stuff within.
Look forward to seeing the next rounds of invites.

Love the trailer video.
Good luck devs.

Hothnogg

Hey guys, we did not forget about you, but we are deep in development.

The closed playtest we held was super useful, but created the need for more iteration and pushed us to revisit a few things here and there.

Yes, this might lead to a later release, but it will mainly lead to a better game and this is what we are about.

As the dust settles, we will be able to solidify a roadmap and share more with you. Rest assured work moves forward, progress happens daily, and we won't rest until this game's ready to ship.

last edited by Frank_Lalight

@frank_lalight

Is there any chance we might get to hear when we might get to see the roadmap?
Its just well, I've been hearing about a roadmap being worked on since like december 6th lol
And Its May.

I don't mean to sound negative
I'm just wanting to avoid me checking for another half a year (almost) to no avail.

last edited by GingerRoeBro

@GingerRoeBro
I understand. But like I said we had a closed playtest last February and decided to revisit parts of the game and iterate in general. Of course that impacts our raodmap directly, which is why we haven't provided one so far.

I don't believe it would serve anyone if we created expectations without knowing we can meet them. We'd rather be transparent about the fact we are working on the game relentlessly.

I assure you, when the game's release date is officially announced we'll make as much noise as we can about it so you shouldn't need to be on the lookout to hear about it.

Thanks a lot for being here and bearing with us through development.

i am always available to playtest so give me all the invites you think i can handle.

Like wise. Would love to play test! Can anyone who has play tested talk about how awesome the game is? Assuming they didn't sign a none disclosure form. Happy waiting all!

@xii Hello there and thank you very much for your interest in Necromunda Underhive Wars. Everyone who took part in the closed alpha playtest did indeed sign a NDA.
What I can tell you is we gathered a lot of useful feedback and pushed internally to get even more. We are currently hard at work iterating and implementing changes to the game in the hope to bring it to new heights.
Cheers!

last edited by Frank_Lalight

@Frank_Lalight said in Necromunda Pre-Alpha Closed Playtest:

@xii Hello there and thank you very much for your interest in Necromunda Underhive Wars. Everyone who took part in the closed alpha playtest did indeed sign a NDA.
What I can tell you is we gathered a lot of useful feedback and pushed internally to get even more. We are currently hard at work iterating and implementing changes to the game in the hope to bring it to new heights.
Cheers!

Thanks for your updates Frank.I like many others are eagerly awaiting this game

I'd be interested in playtesting, but I can only play on the ps4 as I no longer have a PC capable of running modern games anymore. Glad to hear things are going well though.

@Frank_Lalight Figured so much. Well I wouldn't want to speak for everyone, but as far as I and a lot of others are concerned, we would rather you take your time to make the best game, than rush a game and have it all wrong. Keep up the great work team!

@Frank_Lalight
Thanks for the assurance, and I understand as well.
And very happy to be here and bear through lol.
And by all means take your time as you intend, I am just eager for info really.

The only thing I'd like to ask for when it comes to transparency or info/answering questions (which is when yall are able to give dev blogs or info and such) is that you could address some of the questions or ideas some of us might have. Specifically because I have played Mordheim way too much and am curious about its similarities in comparison to Necromunda's mechanics or how they may change.

My biggest, main, and only problem really was the "Mirror-bands."

My idea of the solution that could already be present due to Necromunda's 4X mechanics Conquest mode; may already be present, and would basically be the thing that would solve all problems i had which resulted from the "Mirror-bands."

#1 persistent war-bands/gangs for you and the enemy on the 4X mechanics Conquest mode (this is the solution)
In Mordheim, the game mostly consisted of skirmish maps where a randomly generated AI warband is matched to your warbands ranking in strength, level, and even unit choices.
Like if you have all purple (rare) equipment, max level team, and an impressive the enemy team would also have all purple (rare) equipment, max leveled team, and an impressive too.
I called these "Mirror-Bands" instead of warbands due to their auto-matched ratings/efficiency/strength.

The reason I hated this was because of 3 problems it caused for me.
#1 It made me feel as though I never truly gotten stronger since everything leveled with me.
#2 Once I got a max level/strength/awesomeness war-band, it meant that by continuing playing, I was only risking loosing them instead of having a potential to gain. In my cult of possessed, I lost my rank 10 magister on the first turn to an enemy impressive with a high initiative lol.
#3 If the warbands/gangs were persistent and I did lose my max level magister in the real example provided above, it would have been okay if I managed to at least kill their impressive. Instead of total loss for me, it would at least feel like a trade off in the overall war effort. Instead, It just meant that I'd have to grind up another max rank magister through more fights with "mirror-bands" for no real purpose besides having a max level team.

(no need to answer any time soon, I just mean when yall are eventually able.)
And thank y'all in advance if/when this eventually gets answered.

last edited by GingerRoeBro

Hurry up get this going, huge window to get lotsa attention. Apply to Microsoft to fund ya bring this out as indiesupported game. You need better Community Manager. Youve got some good IPs here, support them or sell them to someone that will give them love. You moved on to do Necromunda with dedication, but that was with 2019 release. You can add mission content, diff maps and expanded skills stats weapons and even a map generator, download community for fans share content for Mordheim as well. Theres no arena tabletop like this 3d being done, you can own this space. Blood bowl is crud though...so lets be honest.