Any update on updates?

So the first update was in beta like what, a week after release? While it tweaked some things and most of the changes were for the better, the game's still marred with bugs from minor text issues to gamebreaking errors to balance issues related to core mechanics leading to increadibly frustrating cheese strats. It's been nearly a week after the patch went live with no news of at least an approximate date of the next update which is much much needed, because currently it makes little sense to play the single player until it's fixed, having to replay campaigns with new updates later, and MP is also almost discouraging when you can get into a game agains something like SM LC spam. And also discouraging to play as, for example, SM, because you know their ships aren't worth anything in battle and you'll have to rely on a broken boarding mechanic to have a chance with them.

Frustrated ranting aside, it'd be appreciated to know when to expect the next update. Otherwise it's tempting to just forget the game for a couple months instead of checking for news on patches and hope that by that time it's fixed and not entirely abandoned by players.

last edited by B3anMarine

Hi there @B3anMarine
The team is hard at work on the next patch and I can say that you will not have to wait long. 🙂

We're very sorry to hear you've run into so many issues. Could you please describe them in more detail, so that we can investigate, in case it's not a known issue? Thanks a bunch!

@jellyfoosh it's great to hear. I was a bit frustrated at the time of writing the post so it sounds overly critical, in fact I haven't had that much problems - sure, a couple of fatal errors popped up right before an MP match start and some minor UI bugs in the campaign, like the 'create fleet' buttons appearing in the ship view screen. Most of my issues with the game lie in the way some mechanics work, the aformentioned boarding being one of them and inconvinience of fleet managment in the campaign (inability to transfer ships between fleets, questionable leadership restrictions on top of the fleet size and amount) being the other. I'm sure these are being worked upon and am simply eager to play the game with the changes implemented. But that eagerness translates to some impatience when faced with the choice of either playing the game as it is or waiting for the improved experience of a pathced version.

last edited by B3anMarine

I understand. You'll be glad to hear that we are working on a rework for boarding (you can read more about it here, under "post-launch plans": https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/35679/first-update-beta-branch-info?page=1)

As for the inability to transfer ships between fleets, it's a topic we're very aware of.

If you run into any bugs in the future, please report them to us here on the forums. That would help us out a lot, thanks!