Modding Resources

@radoslav dont forget to put the .py in your python lib, I got confused for 2 days because of this

Also I do not think that you need to put a space before the "python" word.

So try like this "python" and not " python" .

Also, to make less typing, move the folder to something like D:\A or B or such. Much less typing.

Hi @PistonMiner @CALiGeR_Reborn , sorry to necro this thread.

I've been successful in decrypting and encrypting the UnitStatsOfficial files using the key and steps provided, but the new files are half the size of the original and spawn errors in-game.

How could I fix this issue?

@RavyNavenIssue I'd recommend starting over. Verifying the game files through steam will give you back the original file (make sure to save your edits separately).
It's likely at some point you have accidentally deleted a large part of the file, that's the only thing I can think of that would cause that. All I can really say is be careful with it. Like start of with one small change, and work from there.

If it repeats, I'll need a more detailed report of exactly what you are doing to build a better picture of what's going wrong.

@CALiGeR_Reborn I've identified the issue - I was working in wordpad or in the native Microsoft Excel.

I've switched to Notepad++ and have eliminated the problem.

If I may ask: I'm looking to change the number of torpedoes fired by larger vessels, but cannot find the requisite file in the [data] folders. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Edit: tl;dr for anyone going through this as well - Do not directly modify the csv files in excel or sheets. Use Notepad++

last edited by RavyNavenIssue

@RavyNavenIssue Never directly interact with the native excel format that the files are in, the game really doesn't like it.

Changing the number of torpedoes fired on large ships is possible, but it's a more complex task which involves placing the models of smaller vessels armed with torpedoes (like the Cobra) inside the forward hull of the ship. Judging by what you've told me you're only looking to edit the csv files, yes? In that case it isn't possible to change the number of torps fired, but you can adjust speed, dodge chance and damage/crit chance for torps as a kind-of work around. You'll find the relevant numbers in OrdoStats.

tl;dr: Number of torps is a model edit, not a stat edit, so cant be changed through csv editing.

PS: I personally prefer to use Atom for file editing, but Notepad++ works fine.

So I have a strange question. I was able to follow the instructions here and they work like a champ. My issue comes in when I play a scripted campaign that involved me going against my own faction. Seems the enemy's health goes up instead of down and I can never defeat their forces.

Examples would be when you fight Warhammer to protect the Aeldari or the Necron rebellion mission. What am I missing here or forgetting to change?

Things I modded were ship stats and weapon stats to what I wanted them to be. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

I would recommend re-checking what armor values you gave them, if their total amour goes over 100 it's possible that damaging them actually heals them instead.
There are various campaign bonuses which buff armor as well ^

@Bodza You may have done something fucky with ship attributes or over-stated their armour. That's all I can really think of that would cause that.

last edited by CALiGeR_Reborn

Ricardo
Hello
I have reading this thread superficially.
I want to know if I should decrypt files of data folder for I want.
What do I want? well, I would want modify size of models of spaceships to they have size realistic. For example: macragge's honour is 26km and retribution 8km but in game are similar.
I want modify that. I would also want modify or add news color schemes for factions. For example gold and a red proa to imperial navy.
Maybe I should modify pak file but I don't know open it. I dowload unreal engine 4.23 because is the last version. Should I download 4.18 version? I don't find it. If I should modify pak I would like tutorial to learn how open and modify
thanks

last edited by carcanosc

-quote---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Skalgrim-Fellaxe said in Modding Resources:

and then you can run the script with the command 'python bfga2_aes.py' (no quotes); you may need to rename the downloaded file into 'bfga2_aes.py' (no quotes). Running it like that will give you the usage information; e.g. to decrypt a command might be: 'python bfga2_aes.py decrypt C:\Example\Path\To\Encrypted\Data\Without\Spaces\UnitStatsOfficial.json C:\Path\To\Output\Data\UnitSchemaOfficial.json.dec' (no quotes) and vice versa for encryption

Hello skalgrim I have problems to run phyton. when I writte bfga2_aes.py I get error. I would like you or other person can upload a video for I see how use phyton in bfga2 thanks

@carcanosc said in Modding Resources:

Hello skalgrim I have problems to run phyton. when I writte bfga2_aes.py I get error. I would like you or other person can upload a video for I see how use phyton in bfga2 thanks

A guide to installing python and crypto can be found on the wiki here: http://bfga2.wikidot.com/wiki:python-crypto-guide
Likewise a modding toolkit with automated Encrypting/Decrypting scripts can be found here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefleet-gothic-2-mod-manager/downloads/modtoolpackv2

There's 0 reason to try and do it manually. I spent hours putting this stuff together, so please do use it ^

@Dire_Venom said in Modding Resources:

@carcanosc said in Modding Resources:

A guide to installing python and crypto can be found on the wiki here: http://bfga2.wikidot.com/wiki:python-crypto-guide
Likewise a modding toolkit with automated Encrypting/Decrypting scripts can be found here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefleet-gothic-2-mod-manager/downloads/modtoolpackv2

There's 0 reason to try and do it manually. I spent hours putting this stuff together, so please do use it ^

Hello and thanks for answer me.
I saw this pages: https://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefleet-gothic-2-mod-manager/downloads/modtoolpackv2 and http://bfga2.wikidot.com/wiki:python-crypto-guide before I ask here. In the first link I don't understand where is the tool. those are mods for game I believe. Second link I follow steps but I have problems then when I am in windows phyton command, I don't understand how run and what I have to writte. step to step. I saw this thread and tried do it but I don't understand. I have errors. I would want to know how run phyton step to step thanks.
I dont understand what mean script for example

last edited by carcanosc