World War Z - FAQ

Hey everyone,

We hope this list of the most frequently asked questions helps!

Q: When is the release date?
A: WWZ releases 16 April 2019.

Q: What platforms will the game be on?
A: At launch, the game will be available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store.

Q: Will the game release on Steam?
A: At launch, the game will only be available on the Epic Games store.

Q: How can I preorder the game?
A: You can preorder right now with this link: wwzgame.com/buy (PS4 preorders will be available February 21st in Europe and 26th in the U.S.)

Q: Will there be physical editions?
A: Yes, there will be physical editions for consoles. PC physical editions will be available in select territories only.

Q: How much does the game cost?
A: The game costs $39.99 / €39,99 on PS4 and XboxOne, and $34.99 / €34,99 on PC.

Q: Will there be an offline mode?
A: The entire campaign will be playable offline with bots.

Q: Can I customize my character’s appearance?
A: No, you have a choice between a cast of four unique characters per location.

Q: Does the character I choose impact gameplay?
A: No, you will be able to choose any weapon loadout and specialization class for any character.

Q: Will there be any DLC in the future?
A: Paid DLC is yet to be determined, but we do plan to support the game post-launch with free content updates.

Q: Is this game localized in other languages?
A: Audio will only be available in English, but text will be available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.

Q: Will this game support couch co-op?
A: No, couch co-op will not be available.

Q: Does this game support cross-platform play?
A: There are no plans for cross-play at this time.

Q: Does this game support ray tracing?
A: Our graphics partner for WWZ is AMD, and we’re focused on supporting the technology for their graphics cards. The game will also be optimized for Nvidia GPUs.

Q: Will World War Z be an open world game?
A: No. World War Z is a 4 player co-op shooter with hand-crafted levels and missions in locations set all over the world.

Q: How about minimum/recommended specs?
A: As below.

Minumum specs:
CPU: Core i5-750 / Core i3-530 / AMD Phenom II X4-810
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: AMD R7 240 GB / Nvidia GT 730 2GB
FREE DISK SPACE: 20 GB
NETWORK: Broadband Internet Connection

Recommended specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3970 @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 960 / Radeon R9 280
FREE DISK SPACE: 20 GB
NETWORK: Broadband Internet Connection

last edited by WWZ_Game_Help

Q: What's the status of controller support for PC?
Q: Once released, I assume all of your efforts will be diverted to implementing local coop, yes?

Is there anyway to create a private game lobby and play with just one friend co op and other two slots filled with bots?

I cannot get this game to run at 3440x1440 resolution. Even if I set the game settings manually to 3440x1440 and relaunch the game. The entire game runs letter-boxed. Is there anyone else with this issue?

@supergrendel
I have dat to i have the samen problem and i kan nog go in to the surfer

el juego no abre sale errror de crash
archivo: crashdump.dmp

@supergrendel I have the same problem... Really annoying.

Every time I load world war z on Xbox one it freeze on a screen and say speaker configuration anyone can help ?

Hello, will you guys release nintendo switch pro controller support for World War Z?

Played for hours today on Xbox one and got my account from level 22 to 39. When I got back on hours later I was reset to level 22 and none of my progress saved. Help!

Quando sairá servidor brasileiro? ???

@jellyfoosh I'm having trouble with my controller connecting. It works on my laptop but not my desktop. I'm using a pdp controller.

Is a private game with 2 players and bots going to be added?

I maxed out my class on multiplayer and haven't gone up in rank ever since, is this a glitch or intentional like some sort of level cap?

Hi, I can see that two people already asked the same thing I wanted to: When can we have a private lobby option, please? I bought the game for my son and I to play cooperatively, but other random players that join our game keep ruining it by not following our gameplay style. Everyone always seem to rush, without any cooperation, planning or consideration for other players. We will stop playing until this option has been added or until we completely forget about his game and the money we spent buying it.

how to remove the edges of the game? My monitor is 25 inches.