World War Z - FAQ
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

We hope this list of the most frequently asked questions helps!

Q: When is the release date?
A: WWZ releases 16 April 2019.

Q: What platforms will the game be on?
A: At launch, the game will be available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store.

Q: Will the game release on Steam?
A: At launch, the game will only be available on the Epic Games store.

Q: How can I preorder the game?
A: You can preorder right now with this link: wwzgame.com/buy (PS4 preorders will be available February 21st in Europe and 26th in the U.S.)

Q: Will there be physical editions?
A: Yes, there will be physical editions for consoles. PC physical editions will be available in select territories only.

Q: How much does the game cost?
A: The game costs $39.99 / €39,99 on PS4 and XboxOne, and $34.99 / €34,99 on PC.

Q: Will there be an offline mode?
A: The entire campaign will be playable offline with bots.

Q: Can I customize my character’s appearance?
A: No, you have a choice between a cast of four unique characters per location.

Q: Does the character I choose impact gameplay?
A: No, you will be able to choose any weapon loadout and specialization class for any character.

Q: Will there be any DLC in the future?
A: Paid DLC is yet to be determined, but we do plan to support the game post-launch with free content updates.

Q: Is this game localized in other languages?
A: Audio will only be available in English, but text will be available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.

Q: Will this game support couch co-op?
A: No, couch co-op will not be available.

Q: Does this game support cross-platform play?
A: There are no plans for cross-play at this time.

Q: Does this game support ray tracing?
A: Our graphics partner for WWZ is AMD, and we’re focused on supporting the technology for their graphics cards. The game will also be optimized for Nvidia GPUs.

Q: Will World War Z be an open world game?
A: No. World War Z is a 4 player co-op shooter with hand-crafted levels and missions in locations set all over the world.

Q: How about minimum/recommended specs?
A: As below.

Minumum specs:
CPU: Core i5-750 / Core i3-530 / AMD Phenom II X4-810
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: AMD R7 240 GB / Nvidia GT 730 2GB
FREE DISK SPACE: 20 GB
NETWORK: Broadband Internet Connection

Recommended specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3970 @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 960 / Radeon R9 280
FREE DISK SPACE: 20 GB
NETWORK: Broadband Internet Connection

last edited by WWZ_Game_Help

Q: What's the status of controller support for PC?
Q: Once released, I assume all of your efforts will be diverted to implementing local coop, yes?

Is there anyway to create a private game lobby and play with just one friend co op and other two slots filled with bots?

I cannot get this game to run at 3440x1440 resolution. Even if I set the game settings manually to 3440x1440 and relaunch the game. The entire game runs letter-boxed. Is there anyone else with this issue?

@supergrendel
I have dat to i have the samen problem and i kan nog go in to the surfer

el juego no abre sale errror de crash
archivo: crashdump.dmp

@supergrendel I have the same problem... Really annoying.

Every time I load world war z on Xbox one it freeze on a screen and say speaker configuration anyone can help ?

Hello, will you guys release nintendo switch pro controller support for World War Z?

Played for hours today on Xbox one and got my account from level 22 to 39. When I got back on hours later I was reset to level 22 and none of my progress saved. Help!

Quando sairá servidor brasileiro? ???

@jellyfoosh I'm having trouble with my controller connecting. It works on my laptop but not my desktop. I'm using a pdp controller.

Is a private game with 2 players and bots going to be added?

I maxed out my class on multiplayer and haven't gone up in rank ever since, is this a glitch or intentional like some sort of level cap?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.