State Of Chaos and Beta patch

merged batteries are consistently wrong in the same way since the first game. if they have stats for only one weapon, they give you the macro stats.

@fosil said in State Of Chaos and Beta patch:

merged batteries are consistently wrong in the same way since the first game. if they have stats for only one weapon, they give you the macro stats.

Just go in a battle a count shots yourself if you don’t believe me. This one don’t have 16 macro dps at 9k. Balance wise it would be silly anyway.

last edited by CanardNoir

@CanardNoir : you are right, I was imprecise. the tool-tip gives you the macro stats (damage and rate of fire) and you can count the barrels on the ship model.

@fosil in the case of the Retaliator, checking the model is the only way to get an accurate idea of number of shots.

According to tooltip it's eight macros per "battery" with no lance info, however checking the model it's actually four macros per "battery".

And to add insult to injury, the only way to see all of the macro turrets is to clip inside the model in the ship viewer as the bottom macros are inside the ship model....

I've also spotted that the Tau Merchant battleships are missing some front facing rail guns... But that's another issue...

@fosil said in State Of Chaos and Beta patch:

@CanardNoir : you are right, I was imprecise. the tool-tip gives you the macro stats (damage and rate of fire) and you can count the barrels on the ship model.

Not at all. Tooltip don't give you shit for this tank. The tooltip is 8 / 3 / 3, for one gun. As all the weapons tooltips are. There's no gun with thoses stats in the games files. That's how ridiculous it is. So the tooltip is acutaly wrong. It's not 8 / 3 / 3, it 4 / 3 / 3 like the slaughter and 4 double-barrel lance.

last edited by CanardNoir

like I wrote, you get the macros rate of fire and damage per barrel (not number of shots per battery).

Tooltips for weapons are very accurate actually. Since they are linked directly to the actual stats and not typed. You see this very clearly anytime a ship changes stances, goes into CTA, triggers Kin Crewed Battery, or loses crew. The crit and reload rates update dynamically.

The Merged Macro Batteries are very easy to test. It takes 1 minute of playing a game vs the AI and pausing to calculate the lance damage.

Its 8 Macro DPS and 4 Lance DPS per broadside for a Retaliator just as CanardNoir said.

I don't know why they decided to make this some special case weapon instead of just giving the ship a macro battery and a lance battery.

last edited by CowGoMoo