Imperial campaign finished

Imperial campaign finished
I’ve finished my 1st play through of the imperial campaign, it was a grind through many parts. But all in all was a awesome experience. Will try out multiplayer soon as well and will check out the other 2 campaigns. Can’t wait for the Titan mode in multiplayer and skirmish. And of course the new grand campaign in production. Want to say a big congratulations to the team of developers you have created a game I will enjoy for a long long time to come.

Thank you

I agree that the campaign is good overall but the next one should benefit of some imporvement :

• Scenaristics missions are good but repetitive missions are not so I would prefer a shorter campaign which emphasizes more on the special operations
  • Have more impactful choices : Missions when you have to choose something or having multiple missions at same time but you can do only 1 --> will improve the replayability of the game
  • Less useless planets to improve : basicly you upgrade the income planets and the shipyards to get fleets, all others planets give bonuses but are far from priorities and are developped only if you have some spare ressources

What made it fun for me was not realising that every story-type mission resets the urgency timer - I thought it was only the gold - made it really tense, much less tense now that I found this out. I've yet to complete it but when I do again I'll do cruiser clash only on hard. The capture points make defeating massive stupid fleets easy.

I am loving it, though I do miss the diversity of mission types somewhat.

Completely agree with @Beernchips that you only really need to focus on a few systems to develop - who cares about agri worlds, penal colonys, worlds with prometium extractors when you can just focus on forge, shipyard and civilisation worlds.

I am on turn 120 and going at it more like total war grand campaign now I know the urgency gets reset after every narrative mission.

@beernchips said in Imperial campaign finished:

I agree that the campaign is good overall but the next one should benefit of some imporvement :

• Scenaristics missions are good but repetitive missions are not so I would prefer a shorter campaign which emphasizes more on the special operations

Kinda like what @Mystic_Taboo said, part of this is because they've abandoned all the other game types we already had in the first game. Playing the same exact kind of battle over and over and over was always going to get old. BFG1 had a long campaign, but it was still entertaining to play, because the type of battle changed up so much. They need to go back and put those modes back in the game, because I can't imagine it's going to be much more fun having more campaigns that only use one or two modes for hours on end.