repairing turrets from 0 bug

when turrets go from 0 to more
like nid shield coming back online, orrepairing turrets when they have been fully stripped
makes them work in overdrive for a few moments
for nids it prettymuch wipes all ordnance in the area
for other factions it kills far more then 3 turrets should be able to do
only happens when turrets where at 0 before

Well spotted @Ashardalon, thanks a bunch for letting us know!

I've seen similar but with the troop value.
I play against bots and I admittedly don't know all the abilities in the game, but I think there's something wrong when a ship loses the last of its troops and then immediately goes from 0 to 17.

Unless they activated some sort of uber troop replenishment ability that I'm not aware of.

It happened to me a couple of times, against tyranids and IN at the very least, when there was like 1 or 2 ships left.

Now that I think about it, I think it always happened when the "killing blow" was landed by assault boats.

I may be mistaken, but if there is no way to replenish troops from 0 to 17, then you might want to have a look at it.

tyranids should explode when at 0, they can not be hulked so would be weird indeed in multiple ways
as their breeding pools fill to max or the current layer and no nid ship has max 17

I never said that the 'Nid ship was the one with 17 troops. That was just the number that stuck in my head, don't remember what ships it exactly was now.
I've observed it a couple of times as when there's only one or two ships left I like to imagine I'm going for a capture of enemy vessel and send out every boarding party I can get, including assault boats, and watch the ship melt.

Edit: As I said, I might be overlooking something.

last edited by Ahriman

@ahriman I think your just seeing the troop layers in action. Each ship really has 3x the number of troops listed. When the first set of troops are killed, the ship suffers a minor critical hit and the bar turns yellow with the number of troops resetting. The second time the ship takes heavy critical damage and the bar turns red, and the third time the ship turns into a hulk.

last edited by CowGoMoo

@cowgomoo said in repairing turrets from 0 bug:

@ahriman I think your just seeing the troop layers in action. Each ship really has 3x the number of troops listed. When the first set of troops are killed, the ship suffers a minor critical hit and the bar turns yellow with the number of troops resetting. The second time the ship takes heavy critical damage and the bar turns red, and the third time the ship turns into a hulk.

Hmmm, that would most likely be the case, I have completely missed this mechanic so far. Thank you very much for clarification.