Buff for Call to arms

After having played Space Marines for quite a bit in this beta branch, I feel that while the new call to arms is an improvement over the old one, the debuffs applied while active are way too heavy. From what I've seen boarding is still too effective considering that activating call to arms usually means losing the fight, as the 1 troop damage reduction is not worth all the debuffs.
So I think that call to arms should receive a couple buffs:

-Make the damage reduction scale based on the ship class(1 for LC, 2 for C/BC, 3 for GC and 4 for BS) or depending on how much crew you currently have in the ship.

-Make the debuffs less heavy: shield regeneration slowed by 50%, manouvres available but 50% as effective, ship speed still reduced by 50%, fire rate debuff 50%, keep the stances disabled.

Other than that the game is very fun.

Yeah, guibolo's ideas make sense to me. There seems to be a desire to move to more big-ship metas and this would align more with that.

I just don't like how useless my ship feels while in call to arms mode. But I have basically not played the multiplayer so I don't know how bad it really is.

-Make the damage reduction scale based on the ship class(1 for LC, 2 for C/BC, 3 for GC and 4 for BS) or depending on how much crew you currently have in the ship.

The damage reduction is already good enough I think.The maximum damage for 1 stack of boarding is 3 without crit and only tyrannids always deal that much damage constantly. Space marine deal 2-3 with a 60% crit to deal 1 more by stack. With a reduction of 3 or 4, you basically make C/BC and BS immune to boarding damage in call to arms. Right now, It's reducing the damage by 25%-33% against heavy boarding faction. It's a pretty big reduction and It's even more effective against faction with bad boardings actions since it can completely negate a stack and make it deal 0.

-Make the debuffs less heavy: shield regeneration slowed by 50%, manouvres available but 50% as effective, ship speed still reduced by 50%, fire rate debuff 50%, keep the stances disabled.

That, I agree. Right now, the debuffs are a little too harsh.

last edited by Darok

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.