Community Test Environment Announcement discussion and qualms.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/581320/announcements/detail/1762501075644359867

Just to add the patch stuff in outside of the actual CTE stuff:

click to show

First off I'd like to point straight to the big one that has be almost pissed off..
"Increased MP7’s Extended Magazine supply cost to 4 in Versus/Coop"
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK is the logic of this? Didn't work in beta, doesn't work now.. It's literally the most critical part this weapon to make it worth while to use, and you go and crank UP the supply cost? Why is anyone gonna pick it over the other breacher weapons now when you'd be forced to more or less stick with 20 round mag and every other weapon with 30 rounds by default would be absolutely better in all aspects?
I get it for competitive, sure, there it might make sense, but Coop? Maybe some validity to it in Versus, but not in Coop, not at all, no reason to pick it over any other choice of weapon for breacher now unless the actual supply cost of the weapon itself goes down, as you can now do more with those supply points by picking the other weapon choices for breacher now. It's not exactly a hard hitting weapon as is, doesn't have armor pen rounds, nothing astonishingly good about it.
"Widened viewing radius of Support Helicopter so door gunners can shoot to the helicopter’s rear"
It's already like an aimbot that knows you're coming around the cover, not sure why that was a necessity.
"Hid player’s name when using VOIP"
PLEASE don't do this, it's one of the only ways players can see that their mic is not broadcasting, if the volume of someone's mic is muted, it will not show the names, so it's a telling sign you're not broadcasting over comms.

Now onto some praise etc:
"Made Tactical map show restricted areas"
Finally!
"Decreased recoil on M249 and PKM"
Finally! Thank you!
And a point of confusion:
"Removed AP rounds from M249"
It had AP rounds????? Since when? /s
it doesn't really feel like it does when you use it, but I guess that's the reason it's being removed, as I could shoot chest shots on armored targets and it basically having the same effect as any non-AP weapon on bots at least.
"Lowered Uzi’s supply cost to 2 in Versus/Coop
Lowered Uzi’s supply cost to 4 in Competitive
"
Fair reduction but not really sure why, it felt like you got exactly the loadout it required at the point cost it had, but not gonna complain about a reduction even if I don't see a reason for it really.
"Increased weight of FAL, G3A3, and Mk 14 EBR"
Makes sense, always thought it a little weird that they didn't really feel like they gave a movement penalty (even if just a little)

And a tiny request: more optics for PKM? Why does it even have the ACOG? lol

last edited by Mainfold

@mainfold said in Community Test Environment Announcement discussion and qualms.:

PLEASE don't do this, it's one of the only ways players can see that their mic is not broadcasting, if the volume of someone's mic is muted, it will not show the names, so it's a telling sign you're not broadcasting over comms.

I'm pretty sure there will still be a radio/mic symbol, just no nametag.

@cyoce said in Community Test Environment Announcement discussion and qualms.:

@mainfold said in Community Test Environment Announcement discussion and qualms.:

I'm pretty sure there will still be a radio/mic symbol, just no nametag.

When your mic is not broadcasting audio, you only get the "Team & Proximity", if you are broadcasting audio you get the blue box with your name in it as well.

"Increased MP7’s Extended Magazine supply cost to 4 in Versus/Coop"

Lol. Yeah, this is a good meme.

Three supply was too much, and now that the MP5s are being added, the MP7 gets nerfed again? The MP5s are like fifteen times better than the fucking MP7 and NWI decides to jack up the cost of the extended mags yet again. It's basically necessary for the gun to function somewhat well.

So, either you can spend four supply buying an MP7 and another four supply to make the gun usable, or you just spend that supply on an MP5A5 and get like an MP5SD with a Red Dot which is currently just a God-tier weapon IMO. Legit, even with the 2x scopes the recoil is next to nonexistent, especially with the Burst-fire mode.

last edited by MarksmanMax