Targeting Hotkey would be helpful

I would like to be able to assign a hotkey to target enemy systems so that when I click through each enemy ship, I can just hit that key to target engines or weapons or whatever, instead of clicking back and forth.

That and/or be able to assign a targeted subsystem for all enemy ships. I'm not sure how others play, but when I select subsystems to target (at the beginning of the game) I always target the same thing. I don't target Deck on one ship and Generator on another. At least not until I see the ships.

This would just clean up the busy work a bit.

Thanks!

Or telling your ships what you want them to target on their unit card rather than on the enemy's.

Agree on both accounts; in fact, I find Bosie's suggestion making even more sense!

@bosie said in Targeting Hotkey would be helpful:

Or telling your ships what you want them to target on their unit card rather than on the enemy's.

That would be a nightmare since you don't always want to target the same subsystems on every ships in the same fleet. Especially as the fight goes on you prioritize subsystem base on already destroyed ones or specifics situations . And since your ships can fire at multiple targets in close range for example that would mean that I can't control wich subsystem I want them to damage on secondary target.

A very common example : You start focusing generator too lower ships effective hp, but when the first generator goes down you focus this particulair ship and you prioritize an other system, let's say the deck. But your ships gonna fire at others targets because of guns on the other side or player maneuvers. But on thoses targest you still want do damage the generator first.

I agree that a hotkey would be great, F1 F2 F3 F4, when you select a ennemy ship could easily be used to target subsystems.

last edited by CanardNoir

@canardnoir

Not a nightmare, just another option to help manage what your fleet is doing.

If a target is set/left to random, your ship targets what it has set as preference.

However if you've set a priority on the actual enemy ship this overrides your ships priority:

• If the target has engines selected, but your ship has deck, you target the engines
  • If the target has random selected, but your ship has deck, you target the deck
  • if the target has engines selected, but your ship has random, you target the engines
  • if both have random, it's random

If you keep the option to set witch one you want to focus, on the target, I'm fine 😃

last edited by CanardNoir

Agree completely with the speakers above.

The system where you choose the target/subsystem priority on the enemy ship is plenty fine as it is.

BUT, it would be even better if you could set your own ships to prioritize by default a certain subsystem in case the target did not have any priority set. It's a pain really to choose all those ork ships and set engines one by one.

And I really like the F1 F2 F3 F4 suggestion. After all, you have picked an enemy ship, you can't use your own skills in that case anyway.