First of all, they sound amazing and behave very accurately to their real counterparts (when on a bipod at least). They feel good and there is mostly just one issue..
The new default mag sizes on the M240B and MG3 leave much to be desired in terms of spare mags and total round-count.
When all you have is 3 mags and each of those holds 50 (unlike the 100 on the older LMG's) unless you go extended, you're stuck with a total round-count that's pretty tame overall considering it's an LMG, when you could just got for something like a rifleman with the same ammo-count in an extended as the LMG default, but have up to 7 mags then.
M4 or AKM with extended - without:
- no carrier: 3 mags
total round count 150 - 90 with normal mags
- light carrier: 5 mags
total round count 250 - 150 with normal mags
- heavy carrier: 7 mags
total round counts 350 - 210 with normal mags
M240B or MG3 with extended - without:
- no carrier: 1 mag
total round count 50 - 100
- light carrier: 2 mags
total round count 100 - 200
- heavy carrier: 3 mags
total round count 150 - 300
SAW-gunners usually carry in the around 1000 rounds (most commonly in 200-round belts), carrying not even a third of it and being slowed down as much as the gunner class is, is pretty weird.
So I suggest doing the following changes:
- no carrier mag count normal/extended:
2 mags/1 mag (100 rounds/100 rounds)
- light carrier mag count normal/extended:
4 mags/3 mags (200 rounds/300 rounds)
- heavy carrier mag count normal extended:
6 mags/5 mags (300 rounds/500 rounds)
And for the old LMG's that don't have the mag options:
- Just following the extended version of the new ones for their default ammo-count mag-count increase
- Giving them 200 round extended options with or without the new mag-counts
- Alternatively the M249 could get a SureFire-magazine option to put their 60-rounders (or their 100-rounders for faster reloading at the cost of even more supply points) into the STANAG-mag compatible "magazine sleeve" it has
Just making them feel far less lackluster considering what role they're supposed to fill, and at least having the option for spending the supply points on such rather than ending up with a mediocre kitting on the LMG and a fully kitted out mall-ninja sidearm
Edit: The bipods need improving, the limited vertical angle of aiming on them is pretty detrimental, particularly when you are prone in a decline and you can't aim down the decline you're prone on, needs to be addressed for all bipods.