Wrong trailer position and attachment

Western Star truck has wrong position for the trailer make it stick to the frame we don't even see the fifth wheel anymore.
https://imgur.com/EQL1Dsz

last edited by Raphael

Not sure what you're talking about. A screenshot would help. I just towed a semi trailer with the Western Star yesterday. Didn't see anything unusual.

@raphael irl Western star 6900xd have the same wheel base as a school bus. They do that because they are made to haul extremely heavy.

Photo added at the top.

@raphael ah, I see. My bad, yeah the trailer sits to low. But all of them do that if I remember correctly.

I doubt that the development team is very sloppy.☹
0_1551319890770_20190228100827_1.jpg
Besides, the original add-on also completely ignored the upward movement of the wheels.
0_1551320376702_20181024012759_1.jpg
such an easy fix by myself, can I get any any pay from development team???
0_1551320343588_20181030123856_1.jpg
0_1551320270414_20181118232848_1.jpg

has been like this since the original. it is a "quick visual fix" for the truck and trailer not actually being attached, it is supposed to help not seeing a big open air gap between the two.

as for the wheels clipping through the attachments, well not everything is perfect lol. maybe MR2 they will actually address this.

What s annoying, to fix all that stuff you have to bypass steam security and game filecheck to change the xml.
Also for a paid dlc it can be a bit disapointing to charge people and get bug like that and unfinished model.

last edited by Raphael

Wheel clipping is a common and old problem with MR in general. The one on the Western Star isn't too bad, it looks almost acceptable. Much worse is the fuel bed on the B-66. That one I fixed on my end by slightly raising the attachment position, just enough that the wheels didn't crash through most of the time but also not so much that the attachment was visibly floating. The best fix (for the devs to make) would be to give all tires enough clearance, something they should have paid attention to when they were making the trucks.

last edited by Unster

So sad so many bugs getting not fixed!
It looks like the devs give a shit of their game and leave it like it is now.

@adxalf Come on now, that kind of language isn't helpful. It's enough to say that these bugs don't seem to be a priority for them, but they should be, and all we do is ask them to fix it. It would be in their interest, because how MR1 is maintained will partly determine whether I actually purchase MR2.

Sorry excuse me, but I’m annoyed because they ignore consequent all these bugs:

• Street lights stay on during daytime
  • the AW crane has no light at the claw
  • when accessing the skidder blade the headlights go off
  • many clipping issues

And now I hear they work besides MR2 on new content for Mudrunner 1? What about fixing all these bugs?

@adxalf That's better and I actually agree with you, though most of the bugs you list I wouldn't consider the highest priority. I can think of others that would be more important to me. I think we all have different bugs in mind that we would like to see fixed. But I'll happily take fixes for any bugs.

@adxalf said in Wrong trailer position and attachment:

Sorry excuse me, but I’m annoyed because they ignore consequent all these bugs:

• Street lights stay on during daytime
  • the AW crane has no light at the claw
  • when accessing the skidder blade the headlights go off
  • many clipping issues

And now I hear they work besides MR2 on new content for Mudrunner 1? What about fixing all these bugs?

Clipping issues is one thing that is very hard to fix. The dev team has worked hard to perfectly balance the trucks to where (on the stock maps) they don't clip through the body, but also are not as stiff as a rock. That map though, my friend appears to be a modded workshop map which the game devs do not focus on building the trucks around. If you are on pc, this can be a simple fix, such as locating the mudrunner directory: D (or what ever drive its on):\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spintires MudRunner. When you have it located, you can go to the .zip file named "_dlc_usa.zip" take note that you will have to install winrar or winzip to extract the file. Once the file is extracted, then you need to locate the classes/trucks and look through the long list of trucks until you find the one you want. Once you have located that specific truck you want to modify, then simply open the .xml. The .xml contains all of the code for your truck. One of the first things listed, is the wheels:

0_1551827929171_2df9e8f8-5975-4447-bd04-b3670d08caff-image.png

Suspension Strength is te strenght of the suspension, but if you are wondering on how to make the suspension higher, then you will want to change the HardpointOffsetY. The smaller the number, the higher your truck will go.

That's about the basics on how to fix the clipping issues if it bothers you.

@adxalf said in Wrong trailer position and attachment:

So sad so many bugs getting not fixed!
It looks like the devs give a shit of their game and leave it like it is now.

Hey man, let's try to stay away from those words here on the fourms. Thanks!

last edited by RiskyWisky

@riskywisky said in Wrong trailer position and attachment:

Clipping issues is one thing that is very hard to fix. The dev team has worked hard to perfectly balance the trucks to where (on the stock maps) they don't clip through the body, but also are not as stiff as a rock.

No, more like clipping was not a high priority for the dev team to check. As you pointed out, there are relatively easy ways to fix the clipping. I've done it on some trucks like the B-66 by raising the fuel-carrying bed. But a better way would be to model the trucks and attachments such that the wheels have enough clearance. In most cases that would mean putting fewer surfaces on the trucks (like removing the cistern plates above the rear wheels) or making the wheel wells bigger. There's really no excuse for wheel clipping. It looks bad and it detracts from an otherwise great-looking game.

@RiskyWisky
The cliping can happen on stock map as much as moded one nothing is different beside some extreme map,and in real life when you are in a really bad posture or some really bad terrain you can have your tire touch mudguard or anything else who happen to be above.
In Mudrunner i never saw collision set to be active between the wheel model and the truck model to generate friction and avoid cliping,since when you reach the moment the wheel clip through she can still rotate freely when in some case it shouldn't.
Anyway all this require a more refined collision model and extra coding to define the force applied to determine the amount of friction occuring and finally allow you to move the truck or someone towing you, wich is something will could see in the future maybe.

last edited by Raphael

wil have to agree, i have years of screenshots with wheel clip and in my opinion it is about one of the biggest if not the biggest "visual" problem with the game since release of the original ST game. some will argue draw distance or LOD is biggest, but to each their own. lol

@8up-local I don't think that is a visual problem.
Or more precisely, it obviously IS visual problem, but its root is elswhere.
Think about it:
At ST era, it was possible to change the wheels. Now you can't -> simplification.
Previously, I can't recall clipping wheels being mentioned at all, now it is "everybody knows" kind of issue -> new issue (I think).
And look at these pictures I've just token, sign clipping through the wheel, but being knocked down by the blade easily...
0_1552139193358_20190309144245_1.jpg
0_1552139199877_20190309144312_1.jpg
0_1552139205576_20190309144313_1.jpg
It seems like some special rules are apllied to the object "wheel" and because I have some fuzzy feeling that Pavel mentioned somewhere that he is working on something there, I think it makes sense together.

@sodoma said in Wrong trailer position and attachment:

Pavel mentioned somewhere that he is working on something there, I think it makes sense together.

Maybe here?

@pavel said in Happy New Year!:

But there is a lot of room for improvement too - one of the main ideas is making the truck to be an interconnected combination of parts, unlike a static mesh it is now!