Wrong trailer position and attachment

@sodoma well i will admit no one ever really brought it up, but compared to the other problems at that time i figure it was on the bottom of everyones list. also i think we are talking about 2 different types of wheel clipping. i have been just talking about the attachments, but yes they do clip through many other things as well. lol

Dec 18 2014. i have a few older pics, but they are too hard to see clearly imo. point is though is, wheel clipping through the attachments has been around since the beginning and i have just lived with it, but it has "ruined" many screenshots i had planned for a desk topper. i say ruined because i am quite picky when i have pics up showing something off on my desk top. lol
alt text

i figure that since in the beginning it was pretty much pavel alone doing the testing and stuff that i am sure there has been many things "not quite right", so then it is good that it seems this is something being worked on for the near future i hope. 🤞🏽

last edited by A Former User

@knight25 he’s just meaning that the the frame will twist, and the bed of trucks will twist different from the cab. That’s nothing new - I mean spun and brute back in 2015 put that stuff on all of thier trucks.

@raphael No, you wouldn't want collision between wheel and body. It would be extra calculations the game would need to do, plus then wheel clipping wouldn't be just a visual problem but a physical problem too. Yikes.

The vehicles just need more tire clearance for the desired suspension travel, something that's been overlooked in this game.

@riskywisky Right, that's nothing new. I wasn't playing ST back in 2015, but at least in MR the cab twisting differently from the bed seems to be standard behavior on any truck, and it adds a nice touch. Of course it could be subdivided further, even on smaller vehicles like the scouts, but the visual benefit probably wouldn't be as significant.

well first thought would be the basic fix of course to trim the attachments if possible for clearance, but this is hardly a true fix. the part about collision i totally get. the stock vehicles wheels already stop turning when they bind up or get wedged. would not want to add in more friction from a wheel fender. then there is the thought of if the wheel clipped through the attachment, much like wheels can already do on badly mapped objects like rocks etc... 🤔 yipes lol

overall for me clipping is not that big of an issue really in general, but does become an issue when taking screenshots, so you know it has got to be a major game breaking problem here fellas lol. really i have no problem doing what i have done and just set my shots up or hope i get an "unflawed" shot on the fly. but the idea is a nice one to shoot for. lol

@8up-local For me it's not as much about screenshots, though there it can be a problem too, but mostly that it breaks my immersion in the game and it's an eye sore. Here's an example:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/35775/clipping-issues

last edited by Unster