MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19

eh, maybe 🤔 but then again they are basicly opinions with some facts in them.

edit: opinions can change as well when new information becomes available.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

now, the coding if i remember correctly stayed with pavel, not oovee. this was one of the big arguing points for oovee during their "problem"

I think that's the large question. I've heard that Oovee were co-developers, not just publishers. Not sure if that's true. They probably still have a copy of the code from before the separation. I'd be surprised if they didn't. But will they work on it and make it better? Who knows.

@unster It’s a myth that Oovee Game Studios were just the publisher, they were co-creators along with the lead developer, and they were the visionaries - if it weren’t for their creative direction Spintires wouldn’t have been the indie hit we’ve all come to know and love.

As I understand it Oovee still owns all the IP in Spintires, including the code and assets etc.

@mikhail-ivanov
Is there any timetable for the updates? If Oovee made an update on Steam, even a small one, I would take them more seriously. Until then it's just talk.

While an update for the original Spintires wouldn't be unwelcome I can't help but feel that it would be too little and too late.

In any case we'll have to wait an see. If MR gets another DLC and fixes the remaining bugs then MR2 and Spintires2 or whatever it will be called if it ever happens can just duke it out for the players' attention.

@xenorad Agreed. Unless ST brings something noticeably superior to the table compared to MR, I don't think the interest will be there, certainly not mine. The fact that Oovee was trying to hire a 3rd party to revamp ST (and it didn't work out) suggests they don't have the technical expertise to really update and improve ST. If I'm wrong, then great. 🙂

Just for information: This is a FOCUS forum and topic about MR community update. I am not against discussion about Oovee and that, maybe just separate topic guys. It is a bit OT here...

@sodoma just what i was thinking last night, only since the discussion was already going..... lol

new thread for this discussion? sounds good to me.

@sodoma I hear you. It is quite off topic. But then again, this forum could use more lively discussions. Anyway, I think this topic is done.

@unster Exactly, The discussion about this topic kinda happened. lol. But anyways, no much more to be said about it. However, it's been great to have such an active discussion here. Often everybody is offline but I saw quite more activity during this thread.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@unster ah this topic is not yet done! They’re hiring!? Didn’t know that. That’s good news, it’s by time Spintires got a new lead developer. Hopefully this time it will be someone who doesn’t throw tantrums and refuse to do their job, and try extort money and put malicious code in the game (and on and on and on)...

@mikhail-ivanov said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

@unster ah this topic is not yet done! They’re hiring!? Didn’t know that. That’s good news, it’s by time Spintires got a new lead developer. Hopefully this time it will be someone who doesn’t throw tantrums and refuse to do their job, and try extort money and put malicious code in the game (and on and on and on)...

🤔 maybe.... but i think the blame is to be laid on BOTH parties involved. you could try and put the blame on one side or the other, but really they both acted like school kids imo and it was us the community that really felt the repercussion from the whole fiasco.

@mikhail-ivanov if you say they are hiring because of the message on their website.... It's there since dinosaurs age lol. I saw it for the first time on 2016 before the 030316 update came out and thought just like you. By that time, updates were less frequent and already a cloudy environment we're building up around the game. I thought they were working on a new Spintires and that's why shit were happening to current game but ... Nope... I wouldn't imagine what would happen next at that time.

last edited by deathcoreboy1