MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19

0_1551261013091_MUD_AW_1024x512.png

Hi everyone,

It’s time for a new community update about MudRunner and what we have planned for the future.

We know that many of you are wondering if MudRunner will see more content added or if the next step is the release of MudRunner 2. We’re happy to confirm that we have a new free DLC planned for MudRunner.

We’ll unveil more details about this DLC in the upcoming months but you can expect something similar to the various free DLCs already released for MudRunner, such as The Ridge or The Valley.

0_1551260795346_2.png

Most of the team is now focused on the development of MudRunner 2. During Focus’ yearly press event “What’s Next”, much more info will be shared about the game. As some of you noticed, although it was originally scheduled for February, it has been moved to April 10-11. We’re sorry about this but it’s ultimately for the best, as we’ll have a lot more to show in April.

MudRunner Community Survey

Today, we’re happy to share this community survey, that we’ve prepared to get your feedback and suggestions about the future of the MudRunner franchise.

Click here to answer the MudRunner Community Survey.
You'll need about 10 minutes to fill out this survey. We'll close it in two weeks.

We want to be completely clear that the purpose is not to get a list of features for MudRunner 2. The development of MudRunner 2 is going great, and most features have already been locked down. We can’t wait to share more about that with you all!

The purpose of this survey is for us to get to know all of you a little better, for the benefit of the overall MudRunner experience, franchise, and future. Please do not interpret these questions as indications of what might appear in MudRunner 2.

The survey should take 10 minutes to complete. These questions have been chosen based on all your feedback since the launch of Mudrunner, be it from the Forums, Discord, Steam, or elsewhere.

Please share this survey with your MudRunner friends. Thanks once again for your passion and dedication to improving the MudRunner experience!

last edited by Netheos

Great news, thank you for the hard work and def did my part by participating in the survey. Have a good time at the “what’s next” event

Great to hear from you guys!! Thanks for the update.

its cool that u guys didnt completely threw mudrunner 1 out of window and tho i would rather have bigger/paid dlc like american wilds, its still appreciated.

about survey if all the features are locked down does that mean, that this survey is useless? and if it is then whats the point lol get to know me better?? yeah get to know me and community better and implement what wev been asking for past 2 to 5 years

sorry.. xd let me cool down.............. okay
+Respect on new free dlc

btw i called this shit ages ago heres the post ❤ enjoy

@zamal said in Another DLC for mudrunner?:

0_1541260637387_ggggggg.jpg

does this mean they are working on another expansion before MR2??

@zamal I look at the survey as a useful tool for the devs to get feedback from the community which MAY be used to prioritize feature development, but they don't want to make any promises or be held to them. That's fine with me. Survey completed. I only wish the survey asked more specifically about realism, like tire traction & log transport (I like realism) but there were some questions sort of on that topic. Overall a good survey.

@unster i also did survey but they specifically said features are locked down so whats the point, they dont have to promise anything just let us know that those 10 minutes were not spend for northing, thats all

last edited by zamal

@zamal They said most features. It sounded like there was still some room for implementing additional features & functionality desired by the community.

last edited by Unster

@chaton Will you share the results with us after the survey closes? I'd be interested in seeing the results and I think many others would be too, to see where the majority stands and which issues are more controversial.

I'm confused, I got stuck at the first question - I didn't know there was a Mudrunner 1? Do you mean the original Spintires game or Spintires Mudrunner? And is it Spintires 2, Spintires Mudrunner 2 or Mudrunner 2? What's with dropping Spintires from the game when Spintires is what it's known by, and associated with by the whole community?

Wow, a free DLC? Nice.
Good survey, probably contains most of what I would like to see in Mudrunner 2.
Looking forward to dlc and April 10.

last edited by knight25

I read "most features have already been locked down" as "The gameplay mechanics we've developed for the game have been coded and debugged, now it's a matter of developing them into playable content (vehicles, maps, etc.) for the players to use".

So whatever they're adding on top of winches, locking differentials, selectable AWD, cranes, loadable trailers, flowing water, bendable trees, deformable mud, etc. etc, all the things that make MudRunner what it is...now they're going to use this survey to help decide what kinds of trucks, environments, and situations they'll be sticking us in when the game is eventually released.

As for the survey...when it came to ask me what my favorite feature of MR was, I didn't see a choice for "problem solving". That's probably what I like most about this game is unlike other driving sims like SCS' "American/Euro Truck Simulator" or Dovetail's "Train Simulator" is it isn't just about getting your cargo from point A to point B, it's thinking through how you're going to safely get from A to B with a kilometers-thick wall of environmental crap in your way. Going one way might take longer, but a shorter route is more dangerous. If I roll over or get stuck, can I get a recovery vehicle in to get it uprighted & going again? Do I even HAVE something to use as a recovery vehicle? Do I have enough fuel to cover the trip? Yes, but only if I park a fuel rig somewhere along the way. Now I have to figure out the fuel rig and how it's going to do what it needs to do to perform its role! That kind of stuff is what I like about MudRunner, that kind of planning on the fly, working things out, & preparing to deal with any unexpected issues along the way.

last edited by OTE_TheMissile

I wonder how cool it would be if I had missions
where each performs a function
for example
A user could only drive the fuel truck
another user could only drive a delivery truck
another user could only use the crane

I wonder how cool it would be to raise money to buy a land and build your house or a shed or more items on that land
to build each item, you would have to go to the place to get parts of that building
And this terrain or construction was visible to other users and saved in your log

@mikhail-ivanov said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

I'm confused, I got stuck at the first question - I didn't know there was a Mudrunner 1? Do you mean the original Spintires game or Spintires Mudrunner? And is it Spintires 2, Spintires Mudrunner 2 or Mudrunner 2? What's with dropping Spintires from the game when Spintires is what it's known by, and associated with by the whole community?

Are you kidding? Of course by MudRunner 1 they mean Spintires MudRunner, what else?

Dropping Spintires from the game name probably has to do with the change in publisher to Focus. I don't have a problem with that, but then again I came to this game when it was already MudRunner.

last edited by Unster

@zamal said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

@unster i also did survey but they specifically said features are locked down so whats the point, they dont have to promise anything just let us know that those 10 minutes were not spend for northing, thats all

Hello, it's a good way for the team to make sure MudRunner 2 is going in the right direction. If most of the features wished by the community aren't in MR2, we clearly have a problem!

But at the same time, we can't promise 100% of the features suggested by players in the last two years will be in MR2 at release. It's a great way for us to feed the post-launch content of MudRunner 2 as well.

@ote_themissile said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

As for the survey...when it came to ask me what my favorite feature of MR was, I didn't see a choice for "problem solving".

Thanks for that, I'll mention it to the team. MudRunner can be played and enjoyed dozens of different ways, it's difficult to list them all 🙂

last edited by Netheos

i answered the best i could, although a few answers that were given i did not like it gave only a few multiple choice answers for. also the question about what mod maps and vehicles do i think is best. there is no answer for this question to for me since new maps and vehicles are being released all the time (aka, that opinion is changes too much to give an accurate answer imo)

i do like they have gotten the community involved with this survey. however i am also curious to see how well the community is listened to. 🤔 i say this knowing full well that i reported a bug/broken feature on day 1 of Mud Runner release (well over a year ago) with multiple replies of it being reported and looked into, only i have yet to see it fixed or an answer given about it and it is still broken.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local I agree. It would be a good idea for the dev team to check this forum sometimes, especially the bug forum. I was surprised when Pavel said recently he wasn't aware of the force feedback bug until he saw my post (in the thread about the last patch). Communication seems broken here.

Multiple which points, better interiors, and more terrain opinions would be nice. Like imagine a map like river crossing, only it's covered in snow and ice and as you cross you have to be carful and move slow or risk breaking the ice and sinking, or a map like the death road, one bad turn and that's it for your truck. One thing I hope to see are much much bigger maps and some sort of free roam mode where you don't have to worry about delivery stuff, just have fun in the mud with miles and miles of map. What are some things you guys think would make for a fun mudrunner 2 in your opinion?

@kingnightshadow said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

One thing I hope to see are much much bigger maps and some sort of free roam mode where you don't have to worry about delivery stuff, just have fun in the mud with miles and miles of map.

We already have that with the watchpoint system, where you first have to explore the map. And the workshop even has some maps like that where all you do is explore, but that's not my kind of thing. I like exploring but I don't like that being the sole goal.

Still disappointed that Mudrunner never really became more than "Spintires with more maps and vehicles".

That being said, not sure what there is to take away from the survey.

Voted for gameplay changers, VR support, weather, tracked vehicles and I think new mission types as top features. No clear unwanted feature, but I would've voted for the "fantasy vehicles" from the other page if I were given the option...

Not interested in recreational off road vehicles, unless they add some sort of rally game mode, to which I wouldn't be wholly opposed.

"Open world" (by which I assume they mean a single, much larger map) and/or career mode with upgrades and stuff I'm not sure about. It would have to be done right. In a way it's nice to just have these independent maps you can play without having to prepare or consider consequences.

last edited by Lombra

my only concern would be that the part of the community that is listened to is hopefully actual core community members and not the side that is only playing the game for now, short term. Oovee did this once when people complained about "how hard the mud was to deal with" since then the mud in this game has been cheese cake to pretty much myself and everyone i have talked to since then, but those people that were wanting way easier mud pretty much no longer play the game. shame even though they know this (Pavel included) yet it is still the same. everytime Pavel or a moderator has posted anything about the mud in the game i have asked if the difficulty has been changed to make it harder or easier, only to get the reply "it is much better" now this does not tell me if it is harder or easier, but it is better they say.

basicly when the game originally came out you could actually get vehicles stuck in mud alone. my first time playing i had to restart because of getting all of my unlocked vehicles stuck in the middle of the Plains (Bog) map. these days only if there is something in/under the mud does a vehicle get stuck. otherwise it is just ease on the throttle and wait for it to climb out.

i will admit, yes it is not easy "making everyone happy" but i am sure Focus is going to try their best. if not the community will let them know about it. lol