MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19

@unster i do not know the numbers and this was when pretty much the whole game ran off numerical values, this was changed at some point. point though is that is about the way the mud used to be. once you started to dig down it would slowly grab you more. now if this happens all a person has to do is give light throttle and a vehicle will climb out (barr rocks, sticks, trees, etc under the mud holding you). it was something you had to experience really. also since things were set for numerical values people could make pretty much full custom setting not bound to the maps settings. made for some ridiculous mud at times. lol
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

last edited by A Former User

A much needed feature is the ability to chose your own mud simulation difficulty. That way those of us who liked the harder mud can have the harder mud, and those who want easy mud because they've never stepped a foot out of their momma's basement and have no idea how much of a nightmare mud can be irl, or who just want a quick easy game. Can have the mud they want.

A few things that would have been nice is

A: Being able to use the challenge, tutorial and main menu maps.

B: being able to actually choose from all of the trucks in the game. There are several missing from the selection screen and the C-4320 is now only found within the "Delivery Mission" challenge, when it used to spawn randomly on maps.

C: Trailers spawning in with wheels underground is annoying.

😨 That Russian truck bias. Did you really have to be so cruel to the American trucks? Especially with the way long log loads are set up, it's both intentionally unstable and takes weight off of the rear wheels of the trucks. It also doesn't help that their traction is turned way down. When the Kraz/C-256 eases through a mud puddle, in auto without the differential locked, that the FORD LTL9000 gets stuck in, you know it's not right.

@rin_lynn said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

A few things that would have been nice is

A: Being able to use the challenge, tutorial and main menu maps.

B: being able to actually choose from all of the trucks in the game. There are several missing from the selection screen and the C-4320 is now only found within the "Delivery Mission" challenge, when it used to spawn randomly on maps.

C: Trailers spawning in with wheels underground is annoying.

😨 That Russian truck bias. Did you really have to be so cruel to the American trucks? Especially with the way long log loads are set up, it's both intentionally unstable and takes weight off of the rear wheels of the trucks. It also doesn't help that their traction is turned way down. When the Kraz/C-256 eases through a mud puddle, in auto without the differential locked, that the FORD LTL9000 gets stuck in, you know it's not right.

I would add that I'd find the challenges more appealing if I could pick hardcore mode for them. The game forces us to play them in casual mode and I'm just not interested. That's why I ranked the challenges as one of my least favorite features.

Regarding the American trucks, I don't think they were intentionally made less capable. One thing to consider is that a C-256 weighs twice as much as a Bison, at least in the game. That does affect the truck's traction and hauling capacity. Some re-balancing may be needed.

@8up-local I love those screenshots! Wow, that kind of deep mud that can actually get you stuck would be awesome. Please devs, give us that option in hardcore mode!

@deathcoreboy1 i think it is safe to say it means Oovee is finally taking care of some business that should have been taken care of years ago. i am curious as to why they are finally doing something now after all this time? i can only figure it is because of legalities, the kickstarters i have talked to are not exactly happy with their investment and i also figure they are going for maybe a last effort to generate some revenue. now as for their (Oovee) reasoning only they can answer, but i think i am on about the right track here. 🤔

last edited by A Former User

MODs for Xbox and more than just logging would be nice.

@8up-local Have you seen the update on Oovee forums about the future of spintires? have a look:

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/13547-an-apology-an-update/

I'm curious about what's gonna happen next to Spintires. It'd be awesome to have both games coexisting and up to date.

@deathcoreboy1 Hmm, not much on that forum. Just some vague annoucement and excited speculation from a few posters. ST on Steam hasn't been updated, just renamed like MudRunner.

But I agree that if ST gets updated and has some nice stuff that MR doesn't it would be pretty awesome and I may buy it.

@paul-gambino said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

MODs for Xbox and more than just logging would be nice.

I agree, but for both consoles. I play on PS4 Pro, but I do wish I could have access to mods, especially some of the ones that SD1ONE on YT shows us.

Mudrunner is one of my favourite recent games, along with Call of The Wild and Elite Dangerous. I spent a lot of fun times doing the challenges and lone starring all the maps in hardcore mode on my Xbox, so I'm really looking forward to playing the new dlc and MR2.

As to what features I'd like to see in MR2? More of what hooked me in the first place and what makes MR unique: driving and working with unusual vehicles, especially the old Russian ones, in very difficult environments.

Another small thing, that wasn't in the survey, is that it would be great if the information in the cool vehicle presentations we have on this forum could be integrated into the actual game itself. That would add a nice bit of polish and user friendliness.

I'd also like to support the comments from @OTE_TheMissile about planning, sequencing and problem solving as these elements add another level of enjoyment to the game.

Lastly, I also expect/hope that the devs are "baking in" mod support or at least a community map editor for consoles in MR2, to give the game more longevity. Because the worst thing about MR1 was that it was over too soon.

last edited by Muddy Hell

@8up-local lets hope they are gonna release st2 (edit: overhaul version of st original) and try to compete with mr2, will buy both and enjoy their marathon to perfecting this game concept!!

last edited by zamal

@deathcoreboy1 yeah i saw that a while back. will say it seems on par with the way Oovee does things. makes an announcement stating an apology and update to come, but it has been almost 2 months since that was posted. guess we shall wait and see what happens there.

@zamal i hope something happens. i love the original and the new version and have many friends that play both, but i would have to stick with MR for now. mostly because it is current and kept up to date. although there are things about the original that MR just does not do or can not do. i would have to give it a good thinking over before buying from (aka trusting) Oovee again if they were to make an ST2.

@zamal That concept of race have pros, but there are some cons as well.
Think about the moment, when one game came with feature, that is cool, but could be a much more better in other game. Other game can't use it because of copyright or just a good taste of "we don't want to copy them".

Players are most likely ending with two half games...
That is just my personal fear 🙂

@sodoma said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

Players are most likely ending with two half games...

That's only sort of valid... right now we have one game, made by one developer. If a second developer made a second game, we'd definitely have two games, but to say they'd be only half games is admitting that the current mudrunner is only a half game, and to complete it there would need to be a second developer's worth of people added to the mudrunner team.

I have to assume that whatever MR2 becomes, regardless of what another developer is doing, it will be a complete game, not a half game.

Anyone else wishing to make a competitor is welcome to, as far as I am concerned.

@muddy-hell That's actuallt pretty a cool idea! To have some sort of "Vehicle Showcase" on the vehicle selection screen, and maybe some info showing up with some camera tricks before passing the control to the user when you get on a vehicle for the first time.

@grubdumpling I am not against idea of competitor, I am just afraid of this competitor...

@sodoma Sorry, can't find the message about your debate. Which competitor you're talking about? Original ST and OOVEE?

@sodoma I'm not concerned about that. Copyrights aren't that strict in gaming. I've seen a lot of games that have similar features. I don't think you can copyright a feature. You can only copyright code & art assets.