MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19

@deathcoreboy1 Yep...
@Unster Which is exactly what ST and MR share...

@sodoma @Unster Well guys, each game studio is gonna work their way. I'm pretty sure they are gonna try to keep their game distinctive from the other to make the gamers want to buy it. All this only benefits us players. The way I see it, Spintires was more "hardcore" but mudrunner is more polished and has more features and variety. We'll have to wait and see.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@sodoma I see what you're saying. If the two companies or even one of them decides to be nasty and basically destroy the other in court, we the customers could suffer too. Let's hope for a friendly competition. Having distinct and updated MR and ST would be the best outcome.

last edited by Unster

@sodoma ST and MR share almost everything (as per my understanding).
-Graphic Engine
-Physics Engine
-Assets
-Mechanics (Winch, Logging, etc)
-Features (Sandbox maps, Mud Deformation, tires deformation... etc)

We do not know how Focus got the licensing to use the existing ST project and continue to work on it. Probably, they'll have to use another game engine for MR2 if their license only covers updating the existing one or it is for a limited amount of time. If they bought it instead, then oovee will have to build a new engine if they want to do an ST2.

We have a saying in my homeland "A río revuelto, ganancia de pezcadores" that means "in unseattled river, fisher's advantage" or something like that 😉

@unster Exactly my point.
I don't want to present my personal opinions here, so lets keep it as "I am afraid"... 🙂
But I agree that there is a chance

@deathcoreboy1

I love your optimism, guys 🙂

@sodoma @Unster Well, now that you mention it, in oovee forums, this guy, the CEO said "it's time to share our side of the story" which seems pretty hostile to me. But I'm sure Focus won't do anything if they're not legally covered and oovee would be very irresponsible if they go outlaw. They've had enough troubles already, right?

@deathcoreboy1 I would say only the graphics engine & assets could be a potential issue. For physics they both use Havoc, don't they? I assume they had to buy a license for that. Similarity of features should be a non-issue. We can only hope that MR & ST have been separate for long enough that both their game code & assets are sufficiently different that one party can't really accuse the other of copying anymore.

@sodoma said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

Think about the moment, when one game came with feature, that is cool, but could be a much more better in other game. Other game can't use it because of copyright or just a good taste of "we don't want to copy them"

yeah thats legitimate argument, although competition will give boost to both dev groups to work harder and make their game greater

last edited by zamal

@zamal That's my point. Guess the months to come are gonna be pretty interesting.

@deathcoreboy1 said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

@sodoma @Unster Well, now that you mention it, in oovee forums, this guy, the CEO said "it's time to share our side of the story" which seems pretty hostile to me. But I'm sure Focus won't do anything if they're not legally covered and oovee would be very irresponsible if they go outlaw. They've had enough troubles already, right?

Maybe it was to clear up some accusations I've seen floating around regarding Oovee not properly paying the devs. The fact that both games got renamed at the same time if anything indicates to me that the 2 companies have some sort of an agreement, which is a positive sign.

last edited by Unster

boys i think we are going into a golden age of this here franchise, and thanks to man himself Pavel Pavlovich' Pavelov 🥁 🥁 🥁

@zamal you think? I mean, the game morphed into 2 new games lol, but beside that, I don't see your point.

🤔 well one thing is for sure. there is one side, the other side and then the truth. once all sides are given you can usually figure out the real deal. people have their problems sometimes, plain fact. just like my only real problem with that whole situation was how in the end it was the community that got the shaft. i will also say that if was not for that then MR would not have been made. which is why i like the idea of a new version separated from the original (MR2), yet still the same ideas and concepts. not what we have now which IS still ST, just a more polished and updated version basicly.

which ever your flavor though, the main thing is we play these games to relax, enjoy ourselves and for a moment maybe escape our day to day "situations" shall i say. which i think is something we can all agree on. 😉

@8up-local said in MudRunner - Community Update 27/02/19:

the main thing is we play these games to relax, enjoy ourselves and for a moment maybe escape our day to day "situations" shall i say. which i think is something we can all agree on. 😉

Isn't that something, and I wholly agree, though I imagine if I were a logging truck driver in real life, I probably wouldn't get home in the evening and play MR. 🙂

Completely off topic, but has anyone else noticed that the F-150 has no front driveshaft? how does power get to those wheels? Osmosis? It's a bit disconcerting.

@deathcoreboy1 well, now is time to shine as i said competition will bring the best out of both games

@rin_lynn yeah, i remember when first dlc got released bunch of ppl were talking about shaft being missing here on forum

@zamal IDK. It's been too long since oovee posted that, stating they will say/do stuff but so far, all we got is more waiting. This is the way they tend to do things. I'm just a little bit skeptical about them. If they really want to catch attention and trust, they should at least, start giving regular post updates. This is why I stopped checking this forum as well but I check SCS's every morning. They post pretty often with interesting content and that's why I keep going back to it.

@deathcoreboy1 SCS has a much bigger player base than this game and has been around a bit longer, which makes a big difference. this game and community has grown a lot, but it is still within a small niche.