Chaos suggestions: Some buffs and one much needed nerf

@fosil Do I still hold second place there btw? If only that guy who held first weren't crushing so often when I was fighting him...

@Zeblasky you had the first place when I started with bfg MP and last time I checked, nobody bothered to grind you down from that spot 😄

last edited by Fosil

@fosil said in Chaos suggestions: Some buffs and one much needed nerf:

@CanardNoir afaik zeblasky was playing long range lance chaos in the first game. take a look at the old leaderboard.

I used to play lance, carrier hybrid fleet back in the day. But i have not had any success with that in BFGA 2 and i really tried. I dont see canardNoir doing good either in BFGA 2. But he claims he is.

@canned_f3tus said in Chaos suggestions: Some buffs and one much needed nerf:

I used to play lance, carrier hybrid fleet back in the day. But i have not had any success with that in BFGA 2 and i really tried. I dont see canardNoir doing good either in BFGA 2. But he claims he is.

I still play somewhat like the old hybrid style. It's viable, but not always. And good Necrons just completely destroy you, end of story. You CAN'T OUTRUN NECRONS AS CHAOS EVEN IF YOU SPREAD YOUR WHOLE FLEET AROUND BECAUSE OF THE FREAKING MASS RECALL BEING THE BANE ON MY EXISTANCE / rant. But my Styxes are not what they used to be. In BGA1 they both used to survive up to 60 ranked battles...

@zeblasky Ah the classic 30 second slaanesh disable + tzeentch kite fleet. That shit gave me aneurysms as tau. And IN. And really anything but zapp orks.
On the topic of mass recall yeah that shit is really hard to deal with as Chaos IMO. All you can really do is have an admiral with MWJ and hope your enemy is stupid enough to get baited

last edited by Solaire

@solaire my main fleet was 2x Nurgle for rushing and 2x Tzeench for fire support and then kiting. True hybrid tactics, do as much damage as you can with rush, and then kite what's left. I did used Slaanesh LC thought, but just for catching Eldar. And yes, I thnk that Slaanesh was nerfed to 20 seconds and Tau were always ridiculously OP with their railguns and mass summons with turrets AOE DoT?

Abd yep, it's just like this with Necrons atm.

@zeblasky Tau were strong because of their Manta bombers. Their railguns (macros) were pretty bad and they couldn't use Earth caste because they needed Air caste to kite properly. Same with water. Tau were no way as good as Orks or Chaos tho. I'd probably stick them 3rd overall.

right, 2hp fighters, 200 move speed, 3 BBs in ranked and 75% shield armor are not totally overpowered. you could give zapp-orks with naked MWJ demiurg BBs alone a bloody nose. chaos had no counterplay at all, lances could not get through the shields, carrier could not deal with 10 hangars of 2hp fighers and brawlers had to wade through a storm of ordnance.

edit: lets not forget 75 front armor for ramming.

last edited by Fosil

AM lances are not good enough even with the 50% buff. They come on hulls too slow to keep distance even if you were ace with the Omnissiah repairs and you basically have to throw away your Novas to even do that. On top of that, AM ships are completely over-costed compared to what they give you.

Lances in general could probably use a buff, but I'm hesitant to say what. I will just say that using AM lances as the gold standard of what lances should be pretty much ignores the terrible circumstances that faction is in right now.