Game is unplayable for me because of constant freezing.

Hello, Im Cocky Richard and i got the game when it came out. I've been waiting for a patch to change optimization for a long while and with this last patch nothing has changed for me.

This are my Specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 7400 @ 3.00GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B250M-A (LGA1151)
Graphics
ASUS VP228 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Gigabyte)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA )

I do not own an SSD and please dont just tell me to buy one just to play this game, im tired of people in Discord telling this to me over and over again. I just wanna play this game

did you try to play on lowest settings

Yeah, put everything on low. They need serious help optimizing this game.

I dont know if an ssd would help like people are telling you but you can get them for a pretty good price these days. If you haven't looked lately.

Of course i have tried everything on low, still no changes.

Anyone has some real advice?

yeah bruh my game is on an SSD an I'm on an i5660k and gtx1070ti with 16gb ddr4 ram, this update has really fucked the performance pretty much no matter what my settings are. I was playing Refinery yesterday and kept freezing for a few seconds every so often which didn't happen before, and now texture pop in is hilariously slow....

Mine's on an SSD too, and goddamn it still runs like ass sometimes. Now, there's probably gonna be a hotfix very soon (I've heard some talk about one), so that might fix some of the optimization issues.

Guys, I think I found the source of what causes shutting. I read a post on reddit recently: https://www.reddit.com/r/insurgency/comments/aw7s6b/causes_of_stuttering/?sort=confidence

According to the post, the game will read the following files resulting in a stutter:

• C:\Windows\System32\nvwgf2umx.dll - NVIDIA DirectX 10 3D driver

• steamapps\sandstorm\Insurgency\Binaries\Win64\InsurgencyClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Game executable

• steamapps\common\sandstorm\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX3\Win64\VS2015\PhysX3_x64.dll - NVIDIA PhysX library

• steamapps\common\sandstorm\Insurgency\Content\WwiseAudio\Windows\English(US)\Weapon_*.bnk - Sound files for weapons

The files that are accessed the most are the sound files for the weapons, which result the most stuttering. The files are accessed quite often when the player respawns in co-op or ads.

last edited by LDClaudius