I think (and I am probably not the only one) that the current way how critical works in BFGA2 is not satisfactory.
- Criticals are based on a random system
- The result of the critical is random (a Chaos lance can go from a ignore armor for 2 damages to a engine crit for -50% speed and no more manoeuvres)
- It is too easy to target the system you need to totally cripple a ship (engines/decks are the best shots) (and also it give you a bit of scouting because roks/escorts/kroots don t have subsystems and necrons don t have generators)
Too often, you have on the first volleys a ship with 95% HP and no more engines making him totally useless.
I don t have a solution to make the things perfect but here some ideas :
- Above 85% HP you can take only ignore armor/fires crits, between 50% and 85% susbsystem crit chance is reduces by 50% (compared to fires/ignore armor) --> This is to remove the early crits and also as a lore view, you need the armor to be destroyed before hitting the systems
- Instead of selecting a subsystem on enemy, you select on your ships what subsystem he will focus --> works like behavior panel
- Only susbsystems in the hit arcs can be damaged (so engines only from rear and no more from sides/ torps launchers only from front...). Deck is front + sides and generator sides + rear but both have a innate reduced chance to get hitted --> Emphasize a good positionning to get the crits you need instead of just click the button on the enemy
- The specific subsystem only works for lances crits (they are the only accurate enough weapons to target something specific) --> A little buff to lances and also more lore accurate
- Fires can only comes from macros crits
- Lock on give crit chance only for lances --> to compensate the accuracy that works only for macros