Suggestion : Replace the red laser by green laser + add laser beam in smoky / foggy conditions

The option to choose laser color is good.

@reason3d said in Suggestion : Replace the red laser by green laser + add laser beam in smoky / foggy conditions:

LOL - This was bait; i was drunk, and you got my PhishPhood 😃

OK. Sure ...

@shadoware said in Suggestion : Replace the red laser by green laser + add laser beam in smoky / foggy conditions:

The option to choose laser color is good.

Agreed. That would be fantastic.

Hi guys, look at this video of Black Ops 2 which is showing laser attachments on weapons with visible laser beams.
It makes close quarter combat so much more fun and raises the immersion.
What i don´t like in this video is that there is a permanent crosshair ( i really hate that ) and there are no dust/smoke particles in the air to make the laser beam visible ( but hey, it´s a game from 2012 !!! ).
Youtube Video

I really would love to see this kind of laser beam in Sandstorm 😉
Youtube Video

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

Reminder !
This is important and would raise the immersion, so please support me !

Bumpidi bump !
We need visible laser beams in foggy conditions ! ( similar to those of the game Ground Branch )

One year later i want to remind NWI that this should be adressed in the next updates.
This already works with night vision IR lasers during night missions, so why not have it in daylight during smoky conditions too !?

As far as i know some modders already did that in the ISMC mod with the white/blue-ish laser.
So why not make this also a standard for red and green lasers in standard game ?
That would be awsome !

Would definitely be cool, though the whole laser visuals need to be overhauled in the first place.

Because from all different perspectives, the lasers have there own visual quirks/glitches, like bending lasers:

• In 3rd person they shine from the eyes into direction the character looks, not the direction of the gun.
  • In 1st person hipfire mode the laser shines from the barrel (or precisely on the point of impact to explain that more accurately), no matter at which direction the gun points > bending lasers.
  • In 1st person ADS the laser shines to the middle of the screen, again, no matter at which direction the gun points.
  • In pointshooting mode, instead of bending, the beam just 'disconnects' from the laser dot due to recoil.
  • Also the inconsistent weaponblocking system contributes to the problem of causing visual glitches, like this:

alt text

I don't why they chose these weird different designs for each perspective. With all of the attention to detail in this game, how are they happy with this?

The solution
Well, is pretty 'simple', from any perspective, the laser has to shine from the peq unit and have it's own 'point of impact', shining in parallel of the barrel.

last edited by ImTimKlonker