Torpedo and turret questions.
  • As far as I have been able to find out, a torpedo is attacked by all available turrets on a ship with a 10% chance for each to destroy it when it enters turret range.

That would mean that a torpedo entering range of a cruiser with 12 turrets would be destroyed around 70% of the time.
    This does not seem to be the case during actual gameplay as far as I can tell.
    Is there some hidden variable to the torps that isnt listed anywhere, or did I misunderstand how they work?

(9/10)^12 is the math I used to get the chance of the torpedo not getting destroyed.

• far lower i think its 12 different checks

• @duderface said in Torpedo and turret questions.:

far lower i think its 12 different checks

In which case his math would be correct, and cumulatively there'd be a 71.8% chance the torpedo would be destroyed, assuming it's a 10% chance per turret and all 12 of those turrets are still operational.

• yes i c i was looking at his percentage if you put his math in a calc it comes out to 28.242953648 which is closer to the cursory 30 percent i figured in my head.

• (9/10)^12 = 0.282429536481 is for getting the chance of the torpedo surviving.
    1 - (9/10)^12 = 0.717570463519 would be the chance of it being destroyed.

That obviously doesn't fit with what we see ingame, so im just wondering what is going on with that.

last edited by Origin
  • so i thought i found something on the old forums that explained this so i went digging the math never came out but if you read this guys explanation your math is probably right its the other things that midigate after the fact... this post is here
    http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3325&p=35482&hilit=defensive+turrets+defensive+turrets+percentages#p35482

• @duderface said in Torpedo and turret questions.:

so i thought i found something on the old forums that explained this so i went digging the math never came out but if you read this guys explanation your math is probably right its the other things that midigate after the fact... this post is here
    http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3325&p=35482&hilit=defensive+turrets+defensive+turrets+percentages#p35482

This was a neat find, thanks!

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Torpedo and turret questions. was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.