To much Recoil

Is it me or do these guns have to much recoil ? Even after adding attchment that are suppose to help with recoil there still to much I hope im not the only one who feels this way and the devs can look into making some changes.

Nope feels fine to me. Then again I use single shot 99% of the time. Automatic fire is great at close range but single shot is king when it comes to accurate medium to long range fire. ALSO COMP DOES NOT HELP VERTICAL RECOIL. The grip is better and bipod is awesome (when deployed). Honestly why the comp is 3 points is beyond me. Should be at most 2 points.

I do also think most of the weapon's recoil is good, except for the LMGs. They are borderline unuseable. I can feel they did reduce it since 1.0, but it's still way too much. And when I say way too much, I mean it's impossible to aim with it standing up.
I don't even understand it from a "balance" point of view, since as someone pointed it out very nicely, if you get the M4 with extended magazine, you actually have a much higher rate of fire, high mag capacity AR that outperforms the M249 in every way. Since it takes literally 55 and a half year to aim down the sight with the M249 and it feels like I'm controlling the 30mm cannon on the A10 recoil wise, while dealing as much damage as an airsoft gun.

@sgt-kanyo why would you fire LMGs while standing

@sgt-kanyo I must admit, after further testing, that you're at least partially right.

I feel like LMGs should have a manageable vertical recoil when crouching and a bit more horizontal recoil. Vertical recoil when standing up should indeed make LMGs not so easy to use for higher calibers, but still should be less than what we have atm.

There need to be some kind of balancing for LMGs... There is no way I can make as much kills with any LMG as with a small - and quite useless on long distances - MP5... There is obviously a problem there. They are closer to meme guns than from an actual practical choice for battle.

I don't mind the sluggish ADS, tho. I think it's not a bad idea. The devs just nerfed them way too much. They were godlike during beta, which was wrong, and they are now useless. Which is just as wrong.

last edited by Grumf

@babagush said in To much Recoil:

@sgt-kanyo why would you fire LMGs while standing

Because you want to kill the enemy 🙂

@insurgent74 said in To much Recoil:

Is it me or do these guns have to much recoil ? Even after adding attchment that are suppose to help with recoil there still to much I hope im not the only one who feels this way and the devs can look into making some changes.

Nah, Insurgency has always been a game where weapons had strong recoil. There's definitely some skill involved with recoil control required if you're spamming full-auto fire.

That being said, crouching and/or using Focus reduces recoil more than attachments do, for some reason.

@plppln there may or may not have been a time where the compensator was 2 supply

Also, I think the stats for some weapons state that the Comp reduces Vertical Recoil, but I'm sure it doesn't.