BFGA2 - Please restore Macragge's Honour to its former glory

With the latest patch the Macragge’s Honour cost increased to 1159 points. The same cost as 3 Retribution BS and an Overlord BC. A fleet like that will easily destroy a Titan. It is overpriced even comparable to other legendary ships: the chaos planet killer is 745 points, the tyranid ancient one is 528 points, and the ork titan is 810 points. So even in MP it makes no sense (when they do come in MP). In SP it was a nice reward in the Imperium campaign, now it is useless. Gloriana Class Super-Battleship is an important symbol of Warhammer 40K universe, so maybe it is not so bad to make it glorious?

last edited by Lexer

Hello @Lexer,
Thank you for your feedback on the Maccragge's Honour ! I will forward it to the team 🙂 We will see what can be done about this situation.

it would help too if titan class ships would get a better crit reduction like the other ship classes got in patch 1 (from my in-game experience they suffer from crits too much).

last edited by Fosil

I completely agree with Lexer and Fosil, the price needs to be brought down and it needs a MASSIVE crit reduction since it is in fact a Glorianna.

A patch was released Friday night but with no patch notes. One of the CSV files changed showed a reduced cost for Macragge's Honour, reducing the cost from 1,159 to 753. A few other unique ships also appeared to have their costs reduced.

Also, from user comments on the Steam forums, this 3rd patch only lowers the Maccragge 's Honour for a new game - if the Ultramarine ship is already in your save-game file then the recent patch does not fix that issue, unfortunately.

@chamber01 said in BFGA2 - Please restore Macragge's Honour to its former glory:

Also, from user comments on the Steam forums, this 3rd patch only lowers the Maccragge 's Honour for a new game - if the Ultramarine ship is already in your save-game file then the recent patch does not fix that issue, unfortunately.

This just drives me totally crazy! Every time they change ship prices, it does not effect existing old save games and so messes up my campaign. Like the campaign fleet deployment bug I reported, that is obviously caused by changed ship costs. Fix this Dev's god dammit, I deny to play anymore campaign until my save games will not be bugged after a new patch 😠

@leonatos What you can do, is to simply copy the relevant files, and overwrite after a new patch has been introduced. I mod the game, and have extensive changes done to most of it, so its something that I have to do to keep my ships. But its simple and takes a moment to set up. So, why not do that until you have finished your campaign?

@skalgrim-fellaxe Thanks for the tip! And yes, I'm not completely foreign to programming basics and modding other games. But seriously, is this an acceptable solution? What about people lacking the skills to do so? Is this what dev's expect me to do, to be able to play the game I payed for? You have to do that, because you modded your game, but I play just the vanilla version! I never seen such a strange mess in save games in any other games. Where changes from patches somehow effect save games but at the same time also don't. In the thread I linked, it shows that: The prices of existing ships are still displayed as the old ones and effect the fleet deployment window. But then to do the actual deployment, the new prices are used... Like, what the hell of a mess is that? Why is the old price even stored in the saves?

Yes I would probably be able to do what you said. If I invest my time, to learn how modding here works, get the tools and then mod it. But instead I demand the dev's to just fix this mess they created, so I can play this game I payed for as intended. Without having to spend my time to fix what they have broken. I just expect, that save games of an unmodded game are patch proof and adopt changes from patches. Not that I have to fix them after every patch. To me, this is just completely unacceptable.

last edited by Leonatos

@leonatos Dude, you don't need to mod it. Its just that what the devs do is change files that are read by the game upon start while the game saves certain statlines of your ships. If you want a complete playthrough of the campaign without any changes you have to make a save of your relevant gamefiles. In this case it would be the UnitStatsOfficial.csv that you can find in the Data folders subfolder. Its copy+paste stuff and takes a few seconds.This type of problem is not uncommon in strategy games.

@skalgrim-fellaxe Why at all are the prices I originally paid for a ship stored in the save games? What is the point of that? Just save what ship it is and then take all the values from the up-to-date data base! Problem solved. Why to handle it that way? Ship point costs don't change over time, even if ships level up or get updates, so just reference to the data base and take everything from there. Again, to me it is not acceptable, that I have to fix what the dev's have broken. That's there job and I paid them for it. Even one year before the game was released, because I preordered... And btw I play strategy games since Dune 2 and Command and Conquer 1, but I can't remember seeing such a mess in save games ever before! In Rome II: Total War I can even change the mods I use in the middle of a campaign and it normally works without problems. And here my save games are bugged after each patch? Sorry, but this is ridiculous. And they can not expect there average costumers to solve that. There isn't even an official statement about this or instruction how to do that. So I'm expected to find that all out by myself?

@skalgrim-fellaxe said in BFGA2 - Please restore Macragge's Honour to its former glory:

If you want a complete playthrough of the campaign without any changes

That is not my point. It's even the opposite. The example here is: They lowered the price of Macragge's Honour, but this won't effect you, if you already have it in your save games. I want my existing campaign to take the balancing changes from new patches and don't be bugged afterwards.

If save games are broken after a huge major patch, that changed a ton of things and/or implemented new features/mechanics... well, that is normal. But not after every single point cost change!

I recall someone on the Steam Forum had created Save game editor for BFGA:2, but I don't know if it's still compatible with the current patch version. The player had stopped playing so not sure if he kept up support.

Thread link:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/573100/discussions/0/1741106440022647525/