Post-Launch Roadmap
Community Manager

0_1551978835148_BFG2_Roazdmap_Update_Visual.png

Greetings Admirals!

It has now been a little over a month since we launched Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2. With the help of your excellent feedback, we’ve released two major updates (Patch 1, Patch 2), including:

• A ton of balancing and tweaks
  • Several tons of fixes and quality of life adjustments
  • A reworked boarding mechanic
  • A larger 2v2 mode with 1000 fleet points
  • Larger battles in Campaigns’ late game (1650 fleet points)
  • Continuous improvements to the early access co-op mode
  • Major changes to the reinforcement system
  • A new deployment phase in ranked matches
  • Several new or improved abilities, such as
    • Summary Execution (IMP)
    • Canticle of the Omnissiah (AM)
    • Eye of the Omnissiah (AM)
    • Adrenal Glands (TYR)
    • Reclamation Pools (TYR)
    • Spawning Sacs (TYR)
    • Boarding Action (ALL)
    • Retreat (ALL)
    • Transfer Troops (ALL)
    • Call to Arms (ALL)

And we’re only getting started - we’re very excited to announce our Post-Launch Roadmap!

0_1551971873094_BFG2_ROADMAP.jpg

With your continued support, we look forward to releasing more content, starting in the end of March with the completion of the co-op mode, new variants to Necron ships, and a brand new Necron ship that will breathe terror into even the most battle-hardened admiral.

In April, we will release our Competitive System, allowing all you admirals to compete for the glory of being the best, as well as other rewards. Keep an eye out for more details to come!

Next will be our new game mode with truly gigantic fleets, including the Titan ships, for unbridled chaos. And finally, our new Grand Campaign will be unveiled.

We can’t wait to share these updates with you, and look forward to releasing even more content beyond the scope of this Roadmap. Please continue to share your suggestions and report technical issues - we carefully read our Steam community hub and official forum. You can also join our Discord to meet fellow players and get the latest news from the team: https://discord.gg/fqpAG2D

Thank you once again for your support, feedback, and passion.

Tindalos Interactive & Focus Home Interactive

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Looking forward to the dates when you've got them... As a singleplayer, I've already blitzed through the majority of content. 😕

Thank you very much! All great things. I've been very happy with the product and I'm glad that it's improving. Looking forward to the future and thank you for the support!

please tell me that we are getting a replay system with the competitive season XD.

Very cool stuff, thank you for the update! On the multiplayer side, I'd be interested to hear how race balance is doing now that we can pick skills after knowing the opponent and the new boarding re-work have happened. Those previous charts you gave us were very cool. Also, are you planning to focus on skill balance at any point in the future? It feels like a lot of the multiplayer skills are just far better than some of their counterparts, and that's where I'd like to see the game get some love.

@jellyfoosh Thanks a lot guys, we've been asking for necron content for a long time and its good to known that we have been heard. Very much looking forwards to the update.

Only one new ship for Necrons ? Pretty sad to see that. Hope we can see more stuff for rest of fleets especially SM and AdMech.

Community Manager

@fankater
From the post above - "new variants to Necron ships, and a brand new Necron ship" 🙂

This is great news 😃 And the extra content for Necrons is highly welcome! Thanks for listening devs 🙂

Replay and spectator mode for comp games please!

@Jellyfoosh when will you be allowed to unveil more details? (Not necessarily about everything, things about the new ships will be enough for now 🙂 )

@jellyfoosh
Yes Jelly, but that still one "new" ship for Necrons. Hope you guys have plans to add more ships for rest of the races. BTW love your game, pls keep supporting it.

last edited by fankater

Aaaand still nothing about the countless reports of EAC kicking people for no reason, even in campaign. Glad to see Tindalos and Focus Home are listening to their players. Oh wait, they don't even bother with support ticket, nevermind!

Guess it's time for a refund.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@nemesor-xanxas I'm honestly surprised they actually listened, this is pretty amazing. I can't even guess what the new Necron vessel is supposed to be.

@squirem same. I am still mad about the way they handled necrons, and all the other stuff they ignored, but honestly a single new necron ship is something I'll take. Years of disappointment as a xenos fan had prepared me for much, but that was the bare minimum I was expecting going into the game and I was infuriated when they did not even get that at launch given the new 17+druhkari ships, but again I'm a xenos fan I'll take what I can get.

Community Manager

Hi there @bublito
I've edited your message. We're very open to any criticism, but please keep it civil, thanks.

As for issues with EAC, it's important to remember that it is a separate organization with its own support system. If you are getting booted to the main menu, it should be related to one of the following reasons:

• Your game is pirated
  • Third party software is detected (it can be very sensitive in this).
  • You've made changes to the game files.

I would advise verifying the integrity of your games files. Please let us know if this solves the issue for you, thanks!

Community Manager

@aram_thehead More news about the March update will come soon, considering we are already in March 🙂

@jellyfoosh I hope some much needed Chaos buffs and rebalancing is on the way as well : )

@jellyfoosh said in Post-Launch Roadmap:

Hi there @bublito
I've edited your message. We're very open to any criticism, but please keep it civil, thanks.

As for issues with EAC, it's important to remember that it is a separate organization with its own support system. If you are getting booted to the main menu, it should be related to one of the following reasons:

• Your game is pirated
  • Third party software is detected (it can be very sensitive in this).
  • You've made changes to the game files.

I would advise verifying the integrity of your games files. Please let us know if this solves the issue for you, thanks!

Are you eventually going to a release an update to disable multiplayer and EAC? Because as a singleplayer who enjoys mods, I can't possibly figure out why any of us want to deal with it. Multiplayer guys? Sure, that makes sense. But not singleplayers.

@jellyfoosh I used to have it crash the game every few hours (to desktop, not menu) but it went away eventually and I don't know why. I think an update fixed it, but I don't know if that was intentional. I googled the code though, and got that it was one that popped up when it crashed other games using it for things like a program in the background that affected keyboard lighting and such. Anyways, the point of this comment is that there are other reasons the thing can be set off (I bought the game, and don't even know how to cheat or pirate, I'm a biologist and see computers as a form of incomprehensible techno-sorcery) and it was apparently a big problem in fortnite for a while. Also popped up in some game called absolver and others that use the program. Its dislike for a reason.

last edited by Nemesor Xanxas

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.