Post-Launch Roadmap

@Jellyfoosh How hard is it for the devs to make new models for ships? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious as to how much effort goes into modeling a new ship. I realize that Tindalos has only so much time to work with, and they're clearly not averse to adding ships from old Fanatic Magazine articles like the Khopesh and Cartouche (though they don't have their own unique models) so I'd like to know how long it takes to make a new ship and approximate how regular it would be for us to see something added to a fleet's roster.

last edited by Valiran9

So everything except the rules channel seems to have disappeared from the game's Discord server. What's going on?

Hey @valiran9, the process of creating a new ship goes beyond the actual modeling. There are several more considerations which go into it. For example, we collaborate with Games Workshop for new content, which means the process can take a little longer. Then there's the gameplay aspect: how will the ship fit into the current repertoire of ships and how will it interact with other ships and abilities (ie, the game design). That's just a small part of the work that goes into it.
To sum up, it's a pretty lengthy process. 🙂 But we can't wait to have you all play the new ship!

Hi @paingod85, if you read the first line of the rules you'll see how to unlock the channels. Reading the rules is in everyones best interest. 🙂
(Click the green tick at the bottom of the text)

@jellyfoosh said in Post-Launch Roadmap:

Hey @valiran9, the process of creating a new ship goes beyond the actual modeling. There are several more considerations which go into it. For example, we collaborate with Games Workshop for new content, which means the process can take a little longer. Then there's the gameplay aspect: how will the ship fit into the current repertoire of ships and how will it interact with other ships and abilities (ie, the game design). That's just a small part of the work that goes into it.
To sum up, it's a pretty lengthy process. 🙂 But we can't wait to have you all play the new ship!

Thanks for the explanation! I presumed modeling the ship would be the longest part of the creative process and that everything else was just adjusting numbers, and it's nice to get more details about the creative process. I'm very eager to see new ships added to fleets that are a bit lacking in variety at the moment, like the Tau and Eldar. Speaking of which, are there any plans to give the Cartouche and Khopesh the models seen in their Fanatic Magazine articles, or are they going to remain as they are for the foreseeable future?

@romeo If you enjoy the mods you are already disabeling EAC right? 😉 Problem solved.

Damn, was hoping for another Friday beta patch. Really want to finish out the co-op campaign but the later it gets the more things are troublesome.

Hi there @bublito
I've edited your message. We're very open to any criticism, but please keep it civil, thanks.

As for issues with EAC, it's important to remember that it is a separate organization with its own support system. If you are getting booted to the main menu, it should be related to one of the following reasons:

• Your game is pirated
  • Third party software is detected (it can be very sensitive in this).
  • You've made changes to the game files.

I would advise verifying the integrity of your games files. Please let us know if this solves the issue for you, thanks!

''Your game is pirated'' if it was I wouldn't have provided a serial number to your customer support. But then again, you don't have anyone on your end to deal with those, so you're just clueless.

''Third party software is detected'' like Razer Synapse you mean? Aka something that does nothing outside customizing keys and allowing the creation of macros? Which shouldn't be blocked in the first place considering this is a fucking RTS game?

''You've made changes to the game files'' Of course I did. Wanna know what I did? I removed everything and had my bank refund this garbage you call a game.

About your other point ''EAC is a seperate organization'' yeah but you're forgetting one major thing here. Who's the retarded company that put that retarded program in their retarded game? DING DING DING, you did! You're the ones that introduced a broken program to their game, you're the ones that must answer for it.

EAC hasn't been updated in years, and it never will, you BOUGHT an unfinished program and implemented it to your game, which is causing wide spread issues among your players, and you're trying to flip the blame on the company behind EAC. They're not the ones to blame, you are, you knew what you paid for.

Cut the PR bullshit, clearly you have no idea what you're doing as a CM, and clearly there's noone else doing their job in that garbage company. You'd be aware of all these issues if you had atleast one person doing support tickets, but you don't. Because Tindalos and Focus-Home have been known to cut costs every way they can, this being one.

@bublito It's far more persuasive when you cut personal and/or crass attacks and just stick to the relevant points. Otherwise you have valid criticisms mixed in with frivolous insults, which serves only to undermine and distract from your arguments.

@jellyfoosh First up, love the game. Really do. Just wanted to get that out there as I think the devs should get some praise for what is one of the best 40k games out there.

So with that out of the way: Questions.

1: Do we have an estimated date for the "Necron" release?

2: How many ship variations will they get besides the new ship?

3: Can we expect more ships for the other races as well?

3: Have the devs thought about adding a Titan class ship to each of the races?

@skalgrim-fellaxe I am pretty sure the new necron ship will be titan-class (the new skirmish game mode & the point changes to existing titans make me think so).

@bublito said in Post-Launch Roadmap:

Hi there @bublito
I've edited your message. We're very open to any criticism, but please keep it civil, thanks.

As for issues with EAC, it's important to remember that it is a separate organization with its own support system. If you are getting booted to the main menu, it should be related to one of the following reasons:

• Your game is pirated
  • Third party software is detected (it can be very sensitive in this).
  • You've made changes to the game files.

I would advise verifying the integrity of your games files. Please let us know if this solves the issue for you, thanks!

''Your game is pirated'' if it was I wouldn't have provided a serial number to your customer support. But then again, you don't have anyone on your end to deal with those, so you're just clueless.

''Third party software is detected'' like Razer Synapse you mean? Aka something that does nothing outside customizing keys and allowing the creation of macros? Which shouldn't be blocked in the first place considering this is a fucking RTS game?

''You've made changes to the game files'' Of course I did. Wanna know what I did? I removed everything and had my bank refund this garbage you call a game.

About your other point ''EAC is a seperate organization'' yeah but you're forgetting one major thing here. Who's the retarded company that put that retarded program in their retarded game? DING DING DING, you did! You're the ones that introduced a broken program to their game, you're the ones that must answer for it.

EAC hasn't been updated in years, and it never will, you BOUGHT an unfinished program and implemented it to your game, which is causing wide spread issues among your players, and you're trying to flip the blame on the company behind EAC. They're not the ones to blame, you are, you knew what you paid for.

Cut the PR bullshit, clearly you have no idea what you're doing as a CM, and clearly there's noone else doing their job in that garbage company. You'd be aware of all these issues if you had atleast one person doing support tickets, but you don't. Because Tindalos and Focus-Home have been known to cut costs every way they can, this being one.

Jesus... You might have just made the dumbest post on the entire forums, congrats. I hate EAC, but rather than spouting off like a moron, I try communicating. Besides, if you've already refunded, why are you still whining?

& to add on to @skalgrim-fellaxe 's questions: will we get a preview for the new Necron ships, or will they be a surprise when the patch comes out?

I'm actually happy either way, just curious as to the behind-the-scenes design choices y'all make... and because it'll help me decide how much I want to progress in my current hard mode Necron campaign playthrough 😃

@fletchtar Yeah, I've been waiting for them before I start my next run. I still get annoyed with necron gameplay (its fairly unloreful with how slow their ships are and how they have no turn) but I love necrons to much to drop the game.

@nemesor-xanxas I was going to wait, but I ran out of other single-player things to do, and I don't do multi-player. Already beat the Imperium campaign on hard, and had just finished the Nid campaign on easy, and didn't want to start another Nid campaign right afterwards (nowhere near as invested in their faction as I am in the other two, though I did end up finding them far more enjoyable than I would've thought, and really enjoyed them once I unlocked their battleships). So new Necron campaign on hard it is! Hopefully as long as I take it slow-ish, I won't miss out on the new ships.

Hey @skalgrim-fellaxe great to hear you like the game! 🙂

1. Currently, all I can say is "March", but at this point that doesn't leave all that much up to imagination.
  2. There is one entirely new ship, plus three variations on existing ships (so four total new ships).
  3. For the near future, I can't yet say with certainty.
  4. Currently, the team is focusing on the content we announced in the roadmap, but it has occurred to them, of course.

Hope these answers help! Oh, and well done on your mod!

@fletchtar You'll have to wait and see 😉 (psst, Twitter and Facebook are good places for that).

@jellyfoosh I loved the first game as well. I was hesitant on the loss of some parts from that, but I was won over by the scale, details and the way the second game went in regards to gameplay. Now its a game Im playing on a daily basis and loving it every time as well.

Haha yes its not that much longer now it would seem. Awesome that its a total of four (one being brand spanking new aswell) ships! Very very exciting news!

I get that. Normally GW is a reeeeeaaaaal troublesome company for game developers to work with because of them bottlenecking (but at the same time protecting their IP) the process. But Tindalos seems to have a much smoother process here, perhaps GW is learning from their previous mistakes, and its about time. Aeldari is also a faction in dire need of a BS.

Good to know. Perhaps we will see someting along that line for the Massive-battles update 😉 or following it. Later along the way.

Thanks for the information Jellyfoosh. Love that you are so active in talking to us fans. Haha thanks, Its nothing compared to the hard work that has gone into the game, but I like that its being recived well.
🙂

@jellyfoosh awesome, thanks! I already follow y'all on Facebook, but I tend to steer clear of Twitter for the sake of my mental health and productivity 😃 I'll have to do a better job of checking for updates!

Yes, I would like to know whether new ships are planned for other factions such as Eldar of all kinds, if they were one faction they would have a full roster, but I think they also need new ships and Admeh and what will they do with the Titans for each faction? ? Or, as a result, the Imperials will have only Honor, although from Glorian there is, for example, Eternal Crusade, for Admeh some thread is bigger Ark, and for the Eldar Biel-Tan fragment we all know that it is not completely destroyed but split into many independent smaller ships