The Placebo Effect

i am talking no physics, as in static rocks and "hard packed" ground (which i imagine the ground still has some physics to it).

as for non-static (dynamic or physic) objects such as fallen trees or logs. i find these to still be quite normal from what i have noticed and simply move when i drive on them allowing me to keep moving.

now does the camera actually have weight or mass which is giving an affect? i really do not know, but will agree it should not. only, i am not the only one to have noticed this and is something noticed since the original game. this is why i still feel there is something to this, even though by all rights there should not be.

@8up-local Oh, I thought you still had some physics when you had less traction. In that case it sounds like the truck's physics aren't enabled at that moment. I haven't seen that on a selected truck. On non-selected objects, the only effect the camera has from what I've seen is that beyond a certain distance from the camera, objects become static. This so-called physics bubble should be enlarged in my opinion, because as I mentioned sometimes non-selected trucks and logs are static even when they're quite close to my selected truck.

@unster wait i must have misunderstood what you was asking. i did not think you was also including the vehicle, only about if the object i was driving on having physics. now if you are talking vehicles? then yes physics on.

last edited by A Former User

@Unster What I meant was maybe the physics was approximated until the interaction between the tires and the object (rock) was drawn on screen

@ssvqwnp Got you. That would be a really strange way to code the game though. I'd think objects should either move, using full physics, or not move at all, and that's been my impression of the game.

last edited by Unster